I’ve been having clear slimy discharge during my menstrual cycle. My mom told me that it is normal to have vaginal discharge during menstrual cycle. She explained that there is a lot of mucous produced before the ovulation , and that I should only be worried if the discharge is yellow or green or has bad odor. Anyway, I am only 17, I needed years to get used to menstrual cycle and now this. I don’t know what to think. Should I visit a doctor about it?

A secretion from the vagina may change from slimy fluid to one that is whitish or yellow; smell may be very mild or quite noticeable. The amount of this secretion depends much upon the menstrual cycle, sexual arousal and nervous stress. A thick clear vaginal discharge is normal and will not interfere with a pap smear, or testing for urethritis. Your mom is right but if you feel discomfort or you want to hear second opinion ask a professional.

i have a question why would someone get clear goowy discharge at a time that is not any where near thier menstral cycles......