I have a problem that I have noticed a long time ago. I know I should ask this much before, but somehow I am afraid. I am 16 years old and I have never had sexual contact with anyone. However, I have noticed clear slimy discharge during menstrual cycle. I have noticed it is changing and is not always the same, but is clear and slimy always. Can you tell me is that serious and should I visit gynecologist?

A thick clear vaginal discharge is normal, and there is nothing you should be worried. It is important that clear slimy discharge during menstrual cycle will not interfere with a pap smear, or testing for urethritis. I want you to understand that is normal for secretion from the vagina to change from slimy fluid to one that is whitish or yellow. The smell may be very mild or quite noticeable, depends from period of your menstrual cycle. The amount of this secretion depends also much upon the menstrual cycle. Sexual arousal and nervous stress are factors that could change this normal vaginal discharge. Secretion first appears in girls around puberty and last throughout the woman’s life. The aim of this secretion produced by the cervical glands is to keep the genitalia clean. It also helps sperm stay alive for up to seven days after the intercourse. Vaginal discharges are secretions present in the vagina, and I hope you know not it may be clear, white, yellow or greenish in color. A vaginal discharge that is excessive in amount, yellow or green in color, or has foul smelling, is considered abnormal and require doctors check up.

I have Yellow-ish green discharge after intercourse. Before intercourse, ususally ok, why?

My discharge before intercourse is white or clear. However, a few days after intercourse, it turns yellow-ish green but no odour. Somtimes, thick light yellow slightly clumpy mucus ooze out especially after I control my urine or bowel movements for some hours. Is this due to infection? Or is the discharge due to excess semen from intercourse flowing out? Is yellow-ish green discharge without ordour normal, will this affect the ability to get pregnant?

I have been having oral sex well at least i think and iv been noticing claer to yellow slime coming from the lips of my vagina. I got my period now and I still have it? help!

is there a way to stop it or deal with it? i am 14 and i go to school. Sometimes it gets in my underwear and it smells sometimes...and it makes me feel like people can smell t and may talk about me. i've had the the clear slimy, sometimes white stuff, problem for a while. i would just like to know if there is anything i can do to stop it or make it less noticeable? and mine doesn't go away it just happeneds all the time.

the clear discharge you speak of sounds as if its normal..

this discharge will happen when you ovulate.

a while ago i freaked out when i noticed a clear jelly like discharge..
i spoke to my doctor and she said that happens because im ovulating...

the white discharge is also normal.. i get that from time to time..
it is a self cleansing thing your body does...
this is why you do not need to clean inside your vagina..

as for the green and yellow discharge..
im not so sure.. it is possible to be normal? or perhaps it is a infection of some sort?
perhaps thrush?

it is normal for some girls to smell.. but if you are very worried.. speak to your doctor..
if you are embarrassed.. perhaps your mum?
or worst case.. try a simple thrush treatment and see if that helps?

I have the same problem! Have u found a solution yet? I'd love help :/

not okay, go to a doctor.

Wear a panty liner to catch the discharge

There is no way to stop it it's natural for the vaginal to clean its self you can wear the little thin pantie liners that way it doesn't get onto your panties and you can change it out then you'll have no smell

No. Sounds like an STD

I've read all of the replies down below and I've got the same problem. I know that everybody was saying its natural and there is nothing to worry about but I would love to know if there was a way to stop this because it has been happening to me for a month now and I'm sick and tired of it!

You are fine. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Your body is doing its job. The smell will not be noticed (unless you are changing underwear around others). And remember that all women have gone through this.

This is your body's natural dusche. There's no way to stop it. I'd be more worried if it didn't happen . The best way to deal with this is wear thin panty liners and wash before or after you go to bed.