I recently found out my ex had given me an STD, as of last Tuesday I was given an antibiotic and am no longer worried about that. I know that sometimes where there is one disease there may be many so I scheduled an appointment for a vaginal exam, pap smear and all. My question is, my partner and I engaged in anal intercourse and if I have a vaginal exam (std testing and all) would the possible disease reflect in the results? IE if he gave me chlamydia as well, anally, would I require a rectal exam as well? PS the encounter happened in January 2011 if that helps with understanding the development of anything...

Some women have signs or symptoms of infection which include a frothy, yellow-green vaginal discharge with a strong odor. The infection also may cause discomfort during intercourse and urination, as well as irritation and itching of the female genital area. In rare cases, lower abdominal pain can occur. Symptoms usually appear in women within 5 to 28 days of exposure.

Um why use my post to advertise? This was a serious question and a genuine concern of mine...