Hi my name is Benny, my wife keeps complaining about a discharge from her vagina during her menstrual cycle. Sometimes the color can vary from clear to an almost bloody color. I'm concerned because this has never happened before. Now the last 3 cycles, including this one, she has been having this problem. There is no pain associated with this event so we never bothered to seek medical help but now we are alittle concerned. Please help us with this matter. I would like to thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Hi. You don't mention if your wife is on birth control - sometimes these can case breakthough bleeding. Clear discharge is very normal during a womans cycle, changing from white and tacky to clear and stretchy depending on what part of the cycle it is (clear and stretchy is the fertile time). Some woman also experience light spotting around ovulation time ( approx. 2 weeks before period). Some brown discharge can be normal just after and just prior to the actual period. Since this seems to be a new occurance, maybe it would be a good idea to have a chat to a doctor about it, especially if the discharge has a bad smell. Hope this helps

hi my name is jess i suffer really bad pms i feel suicidal one week before and after my period, im always angry and feel i cant cope, my period was late this month and when it arrived i bled very heavy with black solid clots which were quite big and also clear stringy discharge, is it possible i had a miscarraige?