Im 19 years old and ever since i can remember i've been producing what i think may be excessive vaginal discharge? But how do i know whats normal? I'd say i produce about a table spoon at least everyday and often have to change my underwear during the day. Any help?

I'm 18 and I've also experienced this for as long as i can remember. is this abnormal?

im 17 and ive had this problem too, at least ever since i hit puberty. but ive had a pap smear before and if i had some kind of infection or std it would have been discovered then. so i'm pretty sure its alright.

I'm also 18 and have been experiencing the same thing... I was starting to get a little scared about the whole situation

i am 15 and i also experience the same problem.

Hi everybody, let's see if I can help. :-)

Some women naturally produce more discharge and that's normal. Using a breathable pantiliner will help and washing everyday to help feel fresh (don't douche, it'll only mess with the natural PH and it's best to let your body do what it does best)

Discharge changes through out the cycle (as it should){see the book "taking charge of your fertility, it explains it all really well}. Before ovulation, the discharge can be very wet and is slippery when felt (can be whitish, like lotion-smooth or clear and gloopy with a big stretch--this is prime fertilie time, good to note if trying to conceive ;-) ).
Once ovulation happens, the discharge becomes thick, white, sometimes yellow.
Evidence in the panti will be: during fertile time (pre ovulation), a wet circle. After ovulation, more of a line.

BUT if the discharge is wet with clumps of white in it, it's probably a yeast infection. best have this confirmed by a doctor (or nurse practitioner). I had a yeast infection for months, as a teenager, and didn't even know it because it wasn't all that itchy but I did have discharge that I thought was normal (I didn't have this great resource to find info out)
AND if it has a foul odor, get it checked out. It's normal for discharge to have some odor but if it's a bad odor, have it checked.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions if I left out a detail.
:-)

I have some questions…

I am 19 and for as long as I can remember I have had lots of vaginal discharge, it’s either clear and slippery but most often white and string/clumps. It’s relatively odorless but the scent kind of reminds me of Elmer’s school glue. Usually after I urinate I have a long string of milky colored discharge hanging out of me when i go to wipe, is this normal? I have abdominal pain and lower back pain on and off. I’m living in a foreign country where I do speak the language but I still find it hard to express myself to the local doctors. Should I be worried and go see a doctor? Is this some persistent infection?

Please help...

my discharge looks like how you are saying is normal
and mine has a slight smell, but
is smelling like bread what you consider a normal smell?
I can smell it even when I have clothes on :?

normal?

thanks

I am 19 and have had this problem since they day I started my period, when I was 11, except, mine is smelly and sticky, I know I don't have yeast infections because my doctor has checked, she says she doesn't know what it is, I wash every day, sometimes twice a day, and I only wear cotton panties, if anyone has an idea what this problem might be please email me, my name is Whitney (obviously) and my email is _[removed]_... the 0's are zeros, obviously the o's are letters!!!

hi, im 16 and i also have this problem but mine is a bit different..my discharge is kind of a cloudy/clear color, and i have so much of it that i keep having to go to the bathroom and change my underwear. It also smells kind of sour or fishy. it changes. im really worried about this. i havent done much sexually so i highly doubt its an std. But i want to solve the problem as soon as possible! Ive had a guy that ive been with tell everyone that i smell really bad. this is so embarrassing! somebody help, please!!!

Hi everyone,

I know a bit about some of the things mentioned.... In regards to the clear/cloudy discharge that smells very bad and in some cases you are saying you can smell it through your clothes - sour/fishy smell, maybe smells a bit like amonia. - This is simple, it is a bacterial infection- Treated by the anti-biotic Metronidazole 200MG - ONE tablet 3 times a day- As this is an anti biotic you will need to have it prescribed, normally after an internal exam, where you will be swabbed, normally for chlamydia as well as to find out exactly what type of infection it is that you have.

After around 2-3 days of these tablets, the smell will be gone and you will have returned to normal. If left untreated, the symptons will stick with you. It is always awkward going to the doctors and getting an internal.... but to be honest, they make you feel so comfortable and they have seen so many lady bits that you are just a drop in the ocean to them- and there is ALWAYS someone with a worse case than you! SO DO GET IT CHECKED OUT !!
Good luck

i am 20 and produce about 5-7 teaspoons of the discharge you are discribing A DAY! all my site affects match chlamydia so i hurried to my dr and she said i have abnormal cells. she gave me a different birth control pill w/a lower dosage of hormones i went from ocella to ---- and ive been waiting 2 months for improvement and nothing yet. so she mentioned cryotherapy. im supposed to get it done in 2 weeks. look it up it just freezes the abnormal cells off to stop producing so much discharge......

Hey did u ever find out what was wrong I have the same problem