Hi my husband is a 35 year old male presenting with several syomptoms. Each side of his face feels like it has crrepy crawly feeling up and down his face and a tingling feeling. He gets a throbbing or pulsating feelings in his temples and sometimes gets numbness i his fingers. He is very frustrated with this it has been going on for 6 months now. No one can find out what is wrong he has never been sick and not a complainer. He has had MRI's and saw a neuro surgeon. They now have him on Wellbutrin seemingly it decreasees nerve ending sensations. He has had all blood tests etc for chemicals and lead. All have come back clear he is at his wits end. Appreciate some info any info.

There is a condition where one has a sensation of ants crawling under the skin, just forget the exact name but neuro should know it. Might need his memory jogging.

did you everfind outwhat this was ?

has he gotten tested for MS, Lupus, Fibromyalgia or Anemia?

I want to share similar problems I experienced and a possible resolution that worked for me. About 3 years ago, I started getting throbbing, pounding in my chin, neck, and left side of my face. It was completely unbearable to the point where I could not work - I had headaches, nausea, fatigue, fainting, twitching - it was awful. I went to every specialist you can imagine, got MRIs, MRAs, CTscans, X-rays, bloodwork for Lyme Disease, Thyroid - the list goes on an on. They never found anything. They tried putting me on Prednisone, Neurontin, several different pain medications, and endless antibiotics, anti-anxiety medications, etc. Finally, I was admitted to the hospital for exhaustion and one of the doctors mentioned that Valium (or Diazepam) works well for muscle spasms and seizures. I started taking 10mg a day, and it worked almost immediately. The symptoms did not completely go away, but I was able to function, work, eat, go out, and live life again! I eventually increased to 30mg per day, but only take them as needed, and I also take Ambien to help me sleep. I just wanted to share this because I never would have thought of Valium in a million years, since it tends to be for anxiety, but it is used to treat many other things and it really works. I would at least talk to the doctor about it. It is really worth it and has saved my life! The doctors say it can be addicting and lose its impact over time, but I have been taking it for 3+ years now, and I still feel pretty good most of the time. Good luck!!

My daughter was getting tickling tingling feeling in the left side of her neck for 5 or 6 months when they progressed into full seizures. The Neurologist said that the tingles are partial seizures originating somewhere on the right side o the brain. The tiny partial seizures eventually set off a spread of misfiring electrical impulses to the entire brain, and she's had 2 full generalized seizers now. The doc has started her on meds.

I have had symtoms of headaches, mostly on the left side of my face. I have also had tingling and numbness in my left arm. This has been going on for six weeks. I've been treated with 2 rounds of antibotics for a sinus infection. When there was no improvements. I had a CT scan to find clear sinuses and normal brain scan. Now, the neurologist. I not sure what there is to look for and rule out.

Your post really got my attention. I have been on Wellbutrin (150) for almost two years to control migraines. Last month we increased to 200mg and I started getting a sensation in my left ear - not deep, but just inside where you would put a q-tip and outside as far as the inner curve of the outer ear. It feels like a bug is crawling there.

I've also been diagnosed with tmj and am using a fitted mouthguard but the sensation is still there.

Please contact me and let me know what you've found out.

Thanks.

I'm a 36 year old male and have been dealing with TMJ issues for over a year. Headaches, jaw pain, ear pain: itching, sharp, dull "wet sensation". Been to physical therapy, 2 bite guards too. I now have tingling sesation like "falling asleep"in the left side of my face and neck. Can be painful and sharp. also the inside of my throat feels swollen and have the need to swallow. Left side of neck also swollen, Had an MRI yesterday, came back normal. Also feel run down, some nausea:flu like. I have also had bells palsy on the left side of my face about 17 years ago. I feel like c**p!

i'm quoting your post but i want to address everyone in this thread. hopefully they are getting this. i had the creepy crawly sensations for years on my head/ears. i had a grand mal seizure 45 days ago. MRI, normal. EKG, EEG, normal mild heart arrhythmia. turns out these sensations are simple partial seizures. i went to a naturopath who specializes in neurology. he ran a hair test for toxic metals and essential elements, and it turned out i was magnesium deficient. Mg deficiency can cause many problems, most listed in this thread.

migraines

seizures

TMJ

heart arrhythmia

anxiety

depression

asthma

allergies

ADD

diabetes

fibromyalgia

insomnia

muscle pain

muscle twitches

get it checked out. this test cost me $46 and now i don't have to take an anti-convulsant the rest of my life. or meds for depression or heart arrhythmia.

Hi all!

I have had similar symptoms for a yr. or so...started out with pain at base of my neck which generated pain and numbness/ tingling up myright jaw and into my ears and temples. Driving and sitting at computer really aggrevated it. I was sent to PT for strengthening exercises, which did not help.(I was diagnosed with degenerative joint disease at base of neck.) A steroid shot in that area seemed to help for awhile
A yr. later, and as I speak, the back of my head and lower right jaw are tingling. Any pressure on back of my head bothers me, and as of 6 months ago, I have had problems swallowing pills and some foods. I'm not sure where to start or what kind of dr. to see. Any suggestions?

To the 36 yr. old male.....please get checked for MS; my sister had Bell's Palsy at 26 and then at 29 was diagnosed with MS. There is a coerlation between the two

All -- I am having many similar symptoms. Looks up Celiac Disease/Gluten Interolance. I am starting the diet in addition to seeing neurologist. Gluten issues have been linked to a ton of autoimmune diseases. I've been reading a ton of testimonials that people are symptom free after going on the GF diet!

I have been experiencing this creepy crawlie feeling on the right side of my head above my ear and near my temple it is as if a spider or worse a head louse is crawling between each hair shaft.  This sensation can also be felt in the inside of my right ear as if a bug was crawling in there it is so realistic I have asked others to see if they can find or see anything.  Recently though my ear has started throbbing with a feeling of tightness from inside not deep inside just where you can get your little finger to.  Reading your posts as I have had type 1 diabetes now for 34 years I think I will go and ask my GP if I can be referred to be checked out by a neurologist for fear of a stroke or seizures.  I am on Venlaflaxine which I understand can cause some side effects so this may be the cause - I will check this out and let you know . . .

I have the same symptoms, thought it was just me. Did you ever find out what was the cause of it?

sounds like lyme disease