I have heard that Clindamycin may cause colitis, an infection of the colon that can be dangerous and sometimes life threatening. I cannot believe doctors still prescribe medicine that cause so dangerous side effect. I knew before just that Clindamycin is used to treat infections of the respiratory tract, skin, pelvis, vagina, and abdomen. I have been told this common antibiotic will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections. Now I am terrified by this fact, so I want to hear more about this drug.

That is true while therapy of Clydnamicin you have to take care about its side effects. You need to know that if you experience any of the side effects you should call your doctor immediately. Some of these symptoms are severe persistent diarrhea, severe stomach cramps, or bloody stool. Clindamycin comes as a capsule and liquid to take by mouth, and then you could take it as topical solution, lotion, and gel for skin infections, and vaginal cream. Clindamycin usually is taken every 6 hours for respiratory, pelvis, or abdomen infections or applied twice a day when is prescribed for acne. You should shake the oral liquid well before each use to mix the medication evenly. Recommended is to drink a full glass of water after each dose, if you take it as capsules or oral liquid. If this drug is used for acne, it may take up to 12 weeks for the full effect of the drug to be seen. Anyone who uses Clindamycin should avoid getting the medication in the eyes and mouth or on broken skin. If that happens, patient needs to use plenty of water to wash the drug away.

I spent two days hooked up to saline due to de-hydration caused by clyndamyacin prescribed to me by my dentist,I wish it would never have been allowed on the market,it was a very unhappy mothers day,and painful.Protect yourself and your children,only use those medicines that are proven safe.Do your own research about complications before swallowing a pill.