My immune system seems to be weak and not able to resist any bacteria. I think this, because every year I have some serious infection. Usually, my doctor prescribes me penicillin. This time, he surprised me with Dicloxacillin, so I want to know what it means. Can you tell me more about this medicine?

Dicloxacillin is penicillin-like antibiotic used to treat infections caused by bacteria. This antibiotic will not work for cold, flu, or some other viral infections, so I believe your is bacterial. This medicine comes as capsule and liquid to take by mouth, usually every 6 hours, which means four times a day. Important advice I could give you is to take dicloxacillin at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Side effects of this medicine are rare, but anyway, they can occur. Some of those are upset stomach, diarrhea, vomiting and mild skin rash. Immediate doctor’s interventions requires conditions such as severe skin rash, itching, hives and difficulties breathing or swallowing. Those are some specifies for Dicloxacillin, and other important advices are the same as for any other drug. Though I believe you know this, I am going to pay attention that you should keep medicine in refrigerator, closed tightly, and out of reach of children. When you finish with therapy, if you still have symptoms you tried to get rid off, call your doctor.