Hi. 28 yo F. Recently I`ve found out that I was pregnant, and got scarred because I have some respiratory infection and use Clindamycin. I know that many drugs are dangerous to an unborn children. I quit on Clindamycin, but would like to hear is it dangerous to my baby (should I look for another infection treatment). Also, I drink a lot of tonic water and don`t know if quinine is dangerous to unborn babies too.

Hi. I think the tonic water can`t harm you or your baby. However, quinine in medical use acts as an abortifacient. It can cause birth defects, especially deafness. Quinine is often added to cocaine or ketamine to cut the product. Don`t know about clindamycin and unborn babies. But I know that this med is used primarily to treat infections caused by an anaerobic bacteria, such as respiratory infections, septicemia and peritonitis. But, it is the most effective against infections involving aerobic gram-positive cocci and anaerobic gram-negative bacilli.