Hello! I am female and have 33 years and never before I had skin problem, but know there’s something happening with my face skin. My friend claims I have acne rosacea. I don’t know for that but I really have some skin changes in rash form on my forehead and my cheeks looks like they are sun burned. Could this be acne rosacea and if so what have caused it and how it might be treated.

If you have skin face changes as described it’s more likely its acne rosacea though actually rosacea doesn’t belong to acne for it’s never inflamed with no deep cysts or lumps. If you have them on your forehead it’s more likely that is an early stage of rosacea so you have a chance to treat it more effectively for if the rosacea is treated on time the better are the chances for successful treatment. I’d advice you to get diagnosed so you could get proper treatment in form of oral antibiotic along with some antibiotic gel. Antibiotics shouldn’t be taken for a long time for it may cause development of sun sensitivity as well as the development of some bacterial activities and also some problems GI alike. And if you not treat rosacea it may dilate onto your cheeks in form of many little pimples that looks so reddish and hot and if this is not treated you risk to develop some permanent face scars which only treatment is of surgical nature such as laser therapy or something like that. If you go to your derm now you would probably be prescribed some oral antibiotic such as tetracycline or minocin. Accutane is usually prescribed in more severe form of rosacea such as papopustolar rosacea but keep in mind that accutane is very strong drug that might cause very severe side effects, but it is usually prescribed as a treatment of severe form of acne.