i am 5 months pregnant now. and i am having severe acne. i heard i should use any medications? is it true? what shall i do then?

Medications are not advised because some of the ingredients in the drugs aren’t tested for safety during pregnancy and some are tested and proven not safe.
As far as I know (from my sister’s pregnancy), you can use antibiotics with clindamycin but not with tetracycline.

What you can do is take good care of your face by washing it twice a day and by using a moisturizer that is oil-free. You should use your hands to wash and rinse, and not scrub with a washcloth. Don’t mess with your acne, you will only make them worse.

How severe your acne is?

i have moderate acne on my face. funny, if i will count it, maybe i have about 4 by now. i just had them severe at my back and neck, just below my chin. i am using a mild soap and hydro alcohol facial cleanser. i am using power and blush on daily. i just hope i could treat them in safest way. i want to keep my baby safe and maintaining a good and healthy skin. thank you for the reply!

Maybe you could use clyndamicin occasionally on those severe ones on your back and neck. I was prescribed clindamycin gel to put on my face, but not the whole face, only the parts where acne appeared. My dermatologist told me I could apply to my back as well.
I think that clindamycin is safe to be used during pregnancy, but then again why!!!??!!!

They will probably clear up after the birth! Did you have acne before you got pregnant?

You may want to lose that powder and blush you’re using. It only clogs your pores.