Users comments and reviews on article Circumcision: Pros and Cons by SirGan

Great article! I learnt a lot!!!

I have two boys. One is almost 15, he is circumcised. My youngest son is 3, he's not circumcised for medical reasons at birth. Just how social acceptable is the uncircumcised penis? I worry about how my son will react to other children's reaction to him being physically different, (ex. locker room). What are statistics today concerning the circumcised verses uncircumcised penis? I have also heard woman saying they prefer a circumcised penis versus an uncircumcised penis..................I have heard more negative conversations about being uncircumcised...........PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HELPFUL INFORMATION!!!!! :'(

Let me share some information with all those who are considering circumcision as an option for their newborn. There is absolutely NO medical, social, or even religious reason to justify a procedure that WILL scar your son for life! and deprive him of immense pleasure later in life. For parents worried about whether or not their son will feel left out not being circumcised. Let me reassure you speaking as someone who was not circumcised. I have never had the experience of being self conscious about not being circumcised. In fact, I'm quite proud of the fact that as a child born in the 70's when circumcision was more prevalent than it is today. My parents cared enough to think about what was in the best interest of their son. If you are still having doubts I am providing you a link to a video produced by Penn and Teller about circumcision.

The video is unnecessarily crude at times, but as a physician, I can honestly assure you there is nothing about the information they present that is untrue, misleading, or not in the best interest of your child. Remember God made the whole baby, perfect in his sight! So please take the whole baby home.

I have a 14 year old son who is not circumcised when he was born the doctor just said to rub his penis and foreskin with baby oil and to push it back as gentle as possible now that he's 14 his foreskin goes back all the way and he's never complained that he lookd different from his friends