Users comments and reviews on Mistakes That Patients With Chronic Pain Make by Dr. Sunita Khatri

Thanks for the article. I am suffering from chronic back pain for the last 10 yrs. The x-rays are good and the only remedy the doctors advised is Yoga. My question is if there is no trace of any probs in my back, how and where the pain arises. Some say this is related to tensions we take in every day life. This is somewhat true since, I experienced less pain or rather no pain when I had a great day but when I had any bad days, the pain prevails. Is Back pain a joke?

many times there are no traces of pain - not just with back pain, but with any chronic pain. So, I wouldn't put it that way :-) - it definitely is not a joke. and yes, yoga helps. have you tried it then?

chronic pain patient,back,knees,feet.arthritis is eating me up, just had 4 plates put in foot.in answer to your problem,Please get an mri of your back as xrays do not show everything.If this pain does not respond to , aleve,ibuprofen,tylenol,you need to go to some type of pain management doctor. 10 years is a long time to suffer without relief

Many people believe that rest is best for a painful back, but actually, what your back really needs when it’s hurt is exercise. Regular exercise relieves back pain by strengthening and stretching the muscles that support the spine and helps to prevent future injury Studies have shown that yoga is the number one most effective exercise for relieving back pain. However, not all yoga poses relieve back pain, and some can in fact aggravate existing pain, so it is important to know which poses will be most helpful in relieving back pain. It is best to do these exercises under the supervision of a certified yoga instructor, and if you encounter any problems with these poses, you should consult an expert.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed