Users comments and reviews on article Constant tiredness: causes & treatment by SirGan

What type of specialist treats Chronic Fatique Syndrome?

I wish I'd read this article back when I was in college. My entire sophomore year felt like it was spent in a dream and I was completely out of it for the better part of a year. I did not know anything about chronic fatigue at the time so I just sort of pushed through it but reading about this now sounds like there were things that I could've done to help myself out aside from going to a doctor, which I didn't do either. Thanks for this information!

I wish I had read about this 2 yesrs ago I have stuggled through life from one doctor to another and have only been offered more and more medication. Thanks for this do you have any treatment tips

interesting, thank you

its about two to three weeks nw being affected by this syndrome,i am always feeling tired and slippy.pliz help if you can

These last 3 weeks have been hell, sleeping which makes me feel even worse, i am only 21 years old. I am hoping that isn't isn't chronic fatigue syndrome or else I am totally screwed and can't imagine going through this much longer.

I'm constantly tired, and after sleeping for 16 hours, I still feel fatigued. My throat periodically feels inflamed, and I have been repeatedly getting sick. I can't go out for more than a few hours without feeling exhaustion, it hurts when I move, and I get these constant headaches. I've been suffering from these symptoms for a little under a year, but the problem is I'm only 14. I never feel well, and I have to admit I'm rather sick of it. So is it possible that I have CFS, or could it all be simply a coincidence?

Get tested for Mononucleosis.. Cut out the junk food (at least limit it) eat greens and protein and real fruit -- no sugary juices FORGET soda. Vitamin B complex and go easy on yourself. Have a scheduled day BUT do not overdo it. and when you detect the feeling of an episode coming on -- RETREAT-- we are not all cut from the same cloth --
Find an activity which makes you happy -- swimming dancing physical activity on a consistent basis is good for you ...but make sure you're doing it because you enjoy it -- not just with the expectation of feeling better. Keep your dearest friends and lose the rest -- they are vampires who suck your energy...I've watch my daughter go thru this since she's 14 -- now 23 and had to learn what her tolerance level is -- she is a delicate person -- we all are SO be good to yourself and demand that everyone around you is as well--- stress-less

I have had a spate of colds and flu-like symptoms, I feel tired & flat emotionally, i still cry really easily, was depressed for quite a while. I get neck, back, hip and joint pain, 1 - 2 times per year there is a general flare up throughout my body, I have good days and bad days with knee pain, espec climbing stairs. Have had cluster headaches, sensitivy to light, Currently hayfever, currently sore gland in neck, recurrent mild sore throat. Dry /sore eyes, then tear up and sneeze when I go outside. Wake up feeling tired, also have insomnia. Find it difficult to contemplate exercise. I cramp up really easy. Muscle soreness in forearms up to elbows is common for last 3-4 years. I always look tired & am slightly obese. Even my hair has been slowly thinning, espec at the temples. Marked increase in number of visible dark freckles, irregular as well as round slightly raised for last year, accompanies general changes in my skin quality /hormonal levels/ pre-menop). The tiredness level has worsened in last 2 weeks. I work one day then spend the next day recovering. I really hate the heat, and really feel the cold now.

I forgot to mention really bad memory, low concentration and constant tinnitus (ringing in my ears)