I just bought a Mega 500VP commercial steam vacuum cleaner with a Hepa filter from daimer.com to use in my home. I haven't posted to a site like this before, but I was researching in Google, came across this site, and thought I'd write.

My 6 year old son developed allergies a couple of years ago, and I feel so bad about it. I must admit I feel so guilty I hadn't kept up cleaning the dust that accumulates around my house. I've heard kids can develop allergies when exposed to dust and other allergens. I have a hard time believing this, but I suppose anything is possible.

Anyway, I was researching ways to help keep the tile, wood floors and other hard surfaces clean and disinfected as well as kill dust mites and other allergens. The steam vacuum cleaner sounded interesting to me and seemed like it would help my baby. The machine is also supposed to be good to kill dust mites, etc. in carpets as well.

I haven't received the machine yet, but I'm supposed to get it this week.

Has anyone out there bought a steam cleaner with or without a vacuum to clean around the house? Is it working well? Are you noticing a real difference?

Did I make a good decision to buy a machine like this? I hope so!

Thanks.

Having a steam cleaner is a good investment. It is suggested that you should get your residence professionally vacuumed every 12 to 18 months. However, you can rent a steam cleaner for a much lower price and do the work yourself. I personally never had to worry about this seeing that every apartment I stayed at seem to have this done before I ever move in to them.

I recommend going to to help you understand the importance of vacuuming.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed