Hi, I am 26 years old male and I started to cough several days ago. At the beginning coughing wasn't so strong but as time passed it became more intensive. I have visited my doctor and after few examinations he told me that allergy caused my coughing. I would like to know something more about this kind of coughing.

Hi, cough you are experiencing is just symptom of allergy. It may be caused by polluted air, dust, pollen or food. Allergens are irritating your sensitive airways in the lungs and secretion of mucus becomes stronger. It is closing airways and cause cough as reflex which tries to clear your lungs from mucus. Antihistamines as medications for allergy may be very useful for cough too.

Hello there,

I am suffering from allergies all my life well not all my life, but as long as I can remember I am drinking antihistamines. These are medications which are preventing symptoms of allergies. Of course sometimes it is not possible to prevent allergy attack on time but in that case antihistamines are used to relive the symptoms of allergy such as cough.

You will need to change your life style a little bit and mostly that concerns allergy triggers. So if you know what is causing coughing avoid it. In my case that is dust and I need to clean my room absolutely every day and avoid carpets and all other things which are full of dust.

Good luck.