Hello I am 39 years old and I have been a marijuana smoker for twenty-five years and I smoke around one ounce per week at home by my self, and was an alcoholic for 20 years, 5 years sober. Recently i went to the doctor as i was severely depressed (i wont bore ya why).

Yes i will, June 1985 I was being robbed by two assailants and i ended up with a compounded broken right leg both Tib/Fib with one jumping up and down on my leg till released my wallet, then i had to crawl to safety for help.

December 17, 1986 Man survives five story fall is what the head lines read that day (That was me) I was working on a new building that going up in Kenora Ontario. It was late, dark and i stepped back and fell through a spot on the platform where they through garbage down, but they forgot to cover it back up. I was in great shape and only ended up with a broken back and shattered my arm/wrist. And i already had a tremendous fear of heights, as a kid I seen a friend fall and die right in front of me.

And my chain of bad luck was not stopping, a few more broken bones, cracked vertebra, herniated discs, multiple operations for different things.

Summer 2000 I was out dirt-biking enjoying the mountains when i hit a rut on the trail and my foot slipped off in FRONT of the peg!!! which catapulted me 50+ feet. At 1st i thought it cut the foot right off, but having the right boots saved me from loosing it. We splinted my leg and loaded me into the back of a pick up truck but it was too much pain for me and i was air lifted out. The bones were badly broken (and not set straight from my 1st Tib/Fib break) the ankle was mush, and the foot was broken. And I waited for them to decide what to do, 16 hours latter I was being rolled in for surgery and told there was no guarantee they could save the foot. When I woke up I started to cry i was so happy to see my toes.

One day in 2003 I was at work and they delivered one to many rolls of carpet to the school and we had to take one back no problem, I thought done it lots, carpet is heavy but can be moved if done right, this roll was around 600+ pounds. so me and my cousin lock arms give the 1,2,3 go and he didn't even try to help so it ended up with me lifting most of the weight my self and hurting my self really bad, i cracked two vertebra, herniated two discs in my back and two inguinal hernias, i was down for the count. They repaired the two hernias in my belly.
With complications, at 1st they told me that one of the hernias had tore open and they repaired it.
But the pain never went away, and there was a new pain, even worse pain, it was almost imposable to walk because i would get such sever pain in the testicles. Nine months latter an MRI showed some abnormal tissue sticking between my bowels and something else, they went in and repaired it, but the original pain I was complaining about was still there. They went in one more time removed some scare tissue and put in some more of the mesh. The pain never went away they did some more ultra sounds and another MRI showed nothing and I was cut off of workers compensation they said it was just pain and to deal with it.

I kept going back to the doctor, i couldn't stand it no more and we tried a few more things some more physical therapy, acupuncture, massage therapy but the pain just kept getting worse and really destroyed what was left of me to the point that i didn't care whether i woke up or not. Finally the doc ordered up another MRI from the hospital (not the workers compensation private clinic) And wouldn't ya know it THEY found something! a 2.5cm what they believe to be a suture that was left behind (or should have dissolved) and quickly got me in for a CT scan this last Sunday (i think so they can get the right location of the thread)

OMG I'm sorry for going on and on.

But my question is, will there be any side-effects if i continue to smoke marijuana while taking the Concerta and the Effexor? The doctor tried to put me on Concerta back in 2005 but i took my self off after about a month of using the medication because i couldn't sleep for a week. I have been taking the Effexor for 6 weeks now and just today started the Concerta, I lied to the doctor and told him i quit smoking marijuana. This is my 1st time i felt the need to lie to him i have always been honest with him but i want the help that the meds will hopefully do for me. Should i have been honest so he could have prescribed a different type of medication that wont react to the marijuana?

Thanks and sorry for the mini-autobiography.

Harsiese

Hey. I am a pot smoker too, for 7 years now. I dont see anything wrong with it, if anything......alchohol should be illegal opposed to bud. Any who. I was on efferxor for 2 years or so. I smoked pot and had no bad reactions wat so ever. I was also On concerta for a little bit, smoked pot and i actually had the greatest highs. I was no longer a million miles an hour when high. I just wanted to let you know. I dont see anything wrong with mixing it.

i am a heavy smoker of weed and i take concerta i feel just more high with the pill lol i love it but after i fell much more down the high is better but the down is worse.... i see no problems mixing it i just feel soo amazing lol

recently my friend who smokes almost daily was put on Concerta. On the first day he took it, he smoked two blunts later in the night. Right after the second blunt he dropped to the floor and began convulsing, as he was having a full blown gran mal seizure. I called 911 and he was taken to the emergency room and given oxygen and an IV. The cat scan and chest x-ray came back negative luckily but he didnt fully recover until the next day.

Concerta is a stimulant and one of the things it does is lower your anticonvulsants. The THC likely lowered his seizure threshold enough and increased his heart rate enough that a seizure was made possible. He stopped taking concerta and smoking weed every since.

So, what I'm trying to say is, don't take concerta and smoke. I would quit concerta, because it seems like a very dangerous drug. But that's just me :-)

To say that when i smoked after taking concerta i got hell as hell I would be lying to you. Try it and see! As far as having any side affects I have none.

I am only 22 but have been on effexor for over 2years. I am off it right now b/c I am pregnant but other than that .... I think its great. And I still smoked occasionally. Made sure I never got too high. It just made me really sleepy. I think it depends on the person. I would just try a little and then if you are a heavy smoker just work it up. But if you ever stop taking the effexor --- it is the worse withdraw I have ever felt. Luckily I got pregnant and my hormones changed so I never had to deal with the withdraw. Thats the only thing I would really watch out for. So just take it regularly and smoke a little at a time. You should be fine.

Just thought I would put it out there that my 17 year old son who has been taking concerta for a couple months now decided to try marijuana for the first time recently. In no time he was in the bathroom vomiting, dry heaving, shaking, and cold. This lasted three hours. When he finally got home and we found out what happened(4 hours later)he was still totally out of it and took the whole next day to recover. I would not recommend it and I would warn your kids of possible side effects when mixing anything over the counter or not with prescription medication.

I'm only 19, I take Concerta, and I take Prestiq (A renamed, slightly cleaned-up version of Concerta...same thing, but they got rid of some extraneous protein chains which served to do nothing except add side-effects...well, that's what I've been told...) I used to take 54mg of concerta but recently was moved to 72mg...I absolutely have never had any problems with the 54mg dose and it's too soon to really tell with the 72mg, but so far everything's fine...I tend to smoke a decent amount...generally 3-24 times a week...I hope this helps and I hope you have better luck in the future...I seriously could not begin to imagine some of the things you must have gone through...

I stopped Effexor XR a couple of months ago, weaned off slowly, and had all the same withdrawal symptoms listed. Feeling better now, but if I smoke, the brain zaps start in again. I actually feel better not smoking.

I'm 17 and smoke pot most days on 72mg of concerta and am fine... you may get a little paranoia but thats about it... obviously you cant trip while on concerta or you would have an anxiety attack or a cardiac arrest.

My sister is currently being evaluated in a psychiatric treatment facility. My sister was (is?) taking 150 mg of Effexor daily AND smoking over an ounce of marijuana every 4 days. I believe the marijuana has contributed to the manic episode that began over two weeks ago. Please don't mix marijuana and prescription drugs. Be honest with your doctor, they are there to help you. If you're embarrassed to tell the doctor, or unwilling because you don't want to give up smoking weed, you're risking your health. Also, if you feel like your world is spinning out of control, talk to your family and friends; let them know.

I have been on both and smoked right along with both. Never had a prob.

Effexor was horrible for me and made me sick. Coming off of it was even worse, me and my doctor switched to wellbutrin and now i'm taking low doses of concerta. From all the stories I've heard the main problem is smoking way to much after you take the medication. Although weed is harmless alone it can increase your heart rate and it makes your brain work in a different way, added to the medication this can have some severe effects. Take it slow and ween yourself on the weed to a point where you are not smoking at all or only once in awhile. Take a couple puffs even if you were a heavy smoker before and see where it goes.

be honest w ur doc always, but I mix concerta w weed erry day and its the best. You have enough focus to get thru the day but feel better, plus the weed helps the side effects (Ie not being able to sleep or eat)

been on concetra for 3 days now been smoking for a year everyday 2-3 times a day sometimes more. I heard from the doctor it is bad to smoke and take Concerta, as much as it sucks for me to hear that i can no longer smoke for who knows how long, hopefully by then I won't even have the urge to smoke. The truth is, prescription drugs and natural herbal medications don't mix.