My boyfriend and I just had sex two hours ago, and after he ejaculated and pulled out, we saw that the condom had a hole we didn't notice prior to sex. I'm going to use emergency contraception, and I was wondering if anyone knew if I would be completely safe from a pregnancy after taking it?

NOTHING is 100% Only NOT having sex will ensure that you do not become pregnant.

Using plan B is 95% effective, that is pretty darn good!

If you took regular birth control pills everyday, you would be at 99% effective.

Okay. I read that it's possible for sperm to reach the egg almost instantaneously. But, since the hole in the condom wasn't at the top exactly [( It was about...maybe 1/4 of the way down from it, I believe )] I wasn't even sure if any sperm had left the condom...I was just very worried after I read it could fertilize an egg instantaneously. =X

carifairy, my name is melody. i am 16 and i usually have some sexual problems than i can't understand. i am starting to have sex with my boyfriend and several of them were unprotected. may i please have your email so that i can ask u some questions.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **