Hello :-)
I've got a few issues that are concerning me and was just wondering if anyone could shed any on light on them.

To start from the beginning, in December 09 I was given an implanon conteraceptive implant and have been bleeding constantly ever since. Over the past year I've been back and forth to the doctors and have been given hormone tablets and the pill (Celeste) to try and regulate the bleeding with no success. Kept being fobbed off and told to wait till it settled down of its own accord, first was told to wait 3 months, then 6 months and then a year.

Anyway, in the past year I've also developed a number of sleep related issues, mainly extreme fatigue during the day. I've also been having episodes of sleep paralysis almost every single night as well as insomnia at night and lucid dreams. At first I thought this was to do with the bleeding but I've been tested for anemia several times over the past year and the blood work has always come back normal. Could the fatigue still be caused by the bleeding or is it more likely that I'm dealing with two separate issues?

After a year long nightmare I've finally got an appointment to have my implanon removed next week as my doctor has eventually admitted that the bleeding isn't likely to settle now at this late stage. I'm just worried now that even after I have it taken out I'm still going to be dealing with the fatigue which has gotten so bad that some days I'm physically unable to get out of bed. This really is having a huge impact on every part of my life and I feel like I'm not myself anymore. I can't even face the thought that after all this, I'm still going to have these problems.

Absolutely any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I have this same problem but mine is not from an implanon implant. I have used several forms of birth control and nothing made it regular. This has been going on for 2 years now and noone can seem to figure out what is going on but I am constantly tired and sometimes its hard to even function.