Hi all! I'm looking for some advice or insight into this situation! I'm happily married, have been for 3 years, not quite ready to start a family, but excited if it happens. About 2 weeks ago I started having all sorts of pregnancy symptoms (nausea, heartburn, cramping, backaches, headaches, gas, food cravings--asparagus anyone?, and extreme exhaustion, but I am on seasonique, and have been for 6 years. Shortly after being asked by several people if I was pregnant (mostly out of the blue, oddly enough!) I made the choice to stop taking the pill, for fear that if I was pregnant I would be endangering the baby. About 4 days after stopping I started to bleed, but it came on slowly, and there wasn't much, but it was definitely red. I have also taken 2 hpts, both negative, but the symptoms have persisted. Now, my question, is it possible to get pregnant on the pill, but still have withdrawal bleeding when you stop taking it? Any help would really be great! I'm not stressed, just hoping for an answer to my current health issues!

Thanks!
-C

No contraception is 100% - the pill is the most effective, and rated at approx 97% typically, and of course it's difficult to measure accurately, based on how many times it's the pill's 'fault' and how many the human that forgets, or some such.

So could you be pregnant, certainly: someone does after all win the lottery. Interesting that friends and colleagues picked up on that. I recall teasing a charming woman, a co-trainee in NY, about being pregnant - she just had a bit of a tummy bulge - but the next thing I knew she came back to thank me, saying if I noticed, she figured she'd better declare it to the company (this was the 80's).

So they might be on to something! Given which, I'd have to plead the fifth as regards the bleeding, since I'm an experienced adult, not a medical professional, but you're now going in to territory over my head: you mention withdrawal bleeding, others mention implantation bleeding, you're on the pill, not supposed to be pregnant, tests say not, but friends say yes; basically you've got a little friendly argument going on between nature and medicine: who wins? Hopefully you'll shortly find out.

Sooner or later, you're either going to have a positive test, or a full on period: if neither within a month of the first signs (since tests seem to become effective at approx 1st day of missed period), or sooner if you're concerned in any way, go see a doctor.

i know its a year later. but what was the update?
Did you end up being pregnant ?