Hi, I'm 22 years old and before all of this started, was in pretty good health. I could lose a few pounds, but that's all that has ever been wrong with me.

This first started happening in March of 2010. I had my second daughter in February, everything went great with the pregnancy, delivery and recovery. I got the Paragard IUD placed in March.

One of the first things I noticed when my symptoms started to occur was odd bowel movements. I would have very regular movements for a week and then the would become in-between normal and diarrhea, and uncomfortable to pass. I also noticed a 'full' feeling in my lower left abdominal side, also the pain I feel isn't like a stomachache, it's more along the lines of a bruised feeling. I left it untreated thinking it would go away, it didn't just moved to both sides and it now goes into my lower back. Months go by and about September of 10' I start having headaches with extreme pressure, everyday for a month, it then stopped suddenly. At this time I was having bouts of the abdominal pain, odd BMs, I also had light rectal bleeding for 3 days in November. Now I've started to get achy joints, especially in my elbows, wrists and ankles. I've also had left handed and facial tingling and a feeling of numbness in my legs, not the whole leg, just certain spots.

I've been to the ER 3 times in three months, just out of sheer frustration and worry. I've had 3 x-rays, one CT scan with contrast, a slew of blood tests ruling out H. Pylori and infections. The only odd thing that was noted on my CT scan was a slightly inflamed liver and spleen, but the doctor wasn't concerned about it. I've also gotten a lot of UTIs since having my daughter (not sure if it's related)

I've literally been suffering with this for the past few months, I've always had anxiety issues and I had them controlled for so long, but not with all these symptoms, my anxiety has taken over my life. I have two very young girls and I wonder almost constantly if I'm going to be alive to see them grow or if I'm dying. I finally got accepted for Medicaid a few weeks ago and have since seen my GP, she is in the process of getting me scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound, transvaginal ultrasound, lupus panel, white blood count and two other tests I can't recall the name of. Sorry this is long and a little out of order, I've been having some bad days and am becoming quite desperate to get something diagnosed. I haven't had a diagnosis on anything except for suspected IBS.

Hi! This is what I found. Back pain and rectal bleeding can be caused by numerous medical conditions including anal fissures, hemorrhoids, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), polyps, diverticulitis, intestinal vascular issues and colon cancer. Some of the causes of rectal bleeding and back pain are benign such as rectal fissures. Rectal fissures are tears in the anus which can cause discomfort and bleeding. Some causes require immediate medical attention. I hope it's nothing serious in your case. I hope those tests will help you. Good luck.

lately ive noticed a change in my lil brother, [ white male, 22yrs old ] after dinner one night i asked him what was going on, he told me he had been passing blood.  so ive been looking around and i really think you should look up bowle cancer.  its very uncommom can not be seen on ct scan and pain and symptoms start young untill found at a later age (55/60) which maybe to late to stop. think about all the stuff thats wrong with you  : my lil bro was told he had restless leg syndrom  but after read up on bowle cancer i dont think so. wish you well 

Its been a year obviously but... I had the same issue and I had just had a baby as well! A C section, lost of antibiotics they pump into you for surgery and post, so I ended up (and so did my newborn!) with C difficile! a dangerous abdominal infection that causes ALL those symptoms including shivering and extreme EXTREME fatigue... random dizziness.. acheness... and total anxiety. I wasnt diagnosed until over a year afterwards by my third physician change on a random stool test. Vancomycin saved my life.. and my son was young and strong enought to beat it by feeding him just all natural BIOK probiotics (from your local vitamin store). Be careful, if you ever take antibiotics to ingest TONS of PROBIOTICS from your natural food store.. or you could get it...

Hello. My husband has similar symtoms and has been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. Unforunately for him, he had to had a big operation and currently has a colostomy bag, but he is in the 40% of patients that didnt respond to medical treatment. I hope all works out for you. Look up Inflamatory Bowel Desease

Hi. It's been a whole since you posted. I have the exact same symptoms and was pretty sure I was dying of cancer. Turned out I had IBS and wasn't getting enough fiber. Fiber works wonders for me. When I take fiber, no more symptoms!!!!

get a gyn to take out your iud. its probably the cause of all the symptoms cannot believe a dr has not done this yet some times its just not a good fit for someone and needs to come out!! immediately. tr;y something else please hurry

I have been living with similar symptoms of back and rectal pain intermittently. I have had rectal exams, MRI's, x-rays, nerves burned in my back for the pain (ablation), physical therapy, chiropractics, and massages. Just about anything you can think of to primarily address the back pain. The nerve burning has helped my lower back however recently the pain has bee coming back and I've had more rectal pain and have seen blood on the tissue after passing stool. The rectal pain has been intermittent over the pas few years but i've notice will normally flare up when my back does. About a year ago, I some type of inflammatory response where my shoulders, wrists and elbows became very painful. This lasted for about a week and then went away. I was tested for Rheumatoid arthritis but tests came back negative. Recently I experience the same inflammation for few days and was tested again with negative results. Also my upper back has began hurting the last few weeks causing daily headaches and I've experienced more blood on bath tissue then before. I haven't had any luck figuring what is going on but it has been extremely exhausting at times with all the ups and downs. I was wondering if you found any more info about your systems. I am a 23 male in athletic shape, I find it hard to believe I should be experiencing such pains. Please let me know if anyone has any insight.

Had plopt treatment few years back. They were enough

Can you e-mail me if you ever found out what was causing your symptoms? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If I find out I will. Currently still living with these symptoms I've had no luck with obtaining some type of diagnosis.

@guest....Exact Same symptoms, and I had a total hysterectomy in 09'... I'm curious to find out something too.. Good luck!