Im having it right now....any suggestions for remedies?

How are you feeling now? I have the same..please reach me

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've been having the same symptoms for almost 4 years now and it has progressively worsen and is now a daily issue. I started allergy shots 2 years ago, I now go every 3 weeks and get 4 shots. I'm allergic to everything in our natural environment including animals. I too also use a quick acting inhaler Dailey and symbicort along with Singular and Xysol. So my allergy's are covered. For GI, I take aciphex to decrease acid production and carafate to coat my stomach and another pill to help relieve gas and bloating. So I have covered all the causes that all of you have stated. I saw someone mention thyroid. My numbers are always good in my blood work. I'm tired of these symptoms, chugging waterbgets you nowhere, some gum and candy or lozengers actually make it worse irritating my throat. I may be in a conversation, or teaching, or with colleagues, or with a patient and all of a sudden I can't talk, almost feel like I can't breathe, and the dryness is so severe that the cough ends in gagging, which I try not to do in front of others. But if I don't gag, the choking lasts longer.
Well I know now I'm not alone, thank you for taking the time to share your story.

So anyone know what it is that makes our through dry

They have a very dry spot in my throat everyday I cough and throw up with a little pain

Planet.ok. Spid

I haven't dry spot in my throat I cough so much I throw up it hurts on the right side

I have a gluten intolerance and anytime I've accidentally eaten gluten my throat and my eyes get very dry. I get this gagging reflex.. if i eat non gluten diet i am better!!

I use Therabreath mints they have xylitol in them. No sugar. My dentist said they are good for my teeth. I often get the cough from a dry throat as I am going to sleep so often I have to sleep with them in my mouth.

I've also had the same issue but it usually happens when I'm sick with a cold or flu - a dry spot in the back of my throat that randomly makes me gag, especially if I breathe in and the air tickles it. I've had it for years on and off. It's very annoying and embarrassing. But I recently found a remedy from a holistic healthcare provider. She gave me Swedish Bitters and told me to gargle with it 3x a day for a week or two (1/2 cap in about a 1/4 cup of water). It started working almost immediately. I'm not sure how works but it does. I hope it can help others with the same issue.

I found this because I just had it happen again for probably the 5th time in my life (2 in the last couple weeks!) So I was looking for remedies! Mine all of a sudden feels dry in one spot and when I inhale it makes me cough and gag so bad I have to immediately try to calm down and breathe in verrrrry slowly to tolerate the feeling so it doesn't get out of control and I can make it to the bathroom to turn on the hot water and hang my head over the sink and let the hot steam go into my nose and mouth. That has helped the last two times it happened, but I did throw up and was frantic for about 20 minutes last time it happened. So anyway, what has helped me is getting my head over some hot steam as fast as possible and trying to breathe in very slowly and calmly even though I'm freaking out. I also plugged in my humidifier last time and ran it for about 5 days straight in my bedroom and I didn't have it happen again until now, a couple weeks later. Mine happens mostly when I have had a cold for a few days.

I am a gulf war veteran 1991 era i was given an anthrax vaccination (experimental) . The doctors refused to annotate the vaccine on our shot records top secret and all that c**p.
Since 1991 till now 2018 i have .
Sleep apnea
Irritable bowel syndrome
Dry mouth daily
Dry throat daily
Chronic headaches
Burning semen syndrome and the list goes on.
It is a horrible feeling to feel like you are choking all day and all night
I have tried everything from rinses ,moith wash, special tooth paste medication.
The doctor can not diagnose it.
It was never placed in oir shot records ,myself and 150 special operation soldiers or more.
I hope you get to the bottom of your ailment ,Godspeed

I have had this since I was a teenager. I used to clear my throat a lot and as I got older I found I had to always drink something. Water doesn't really work. Pop (Dr. Pepper my favorite), Milk are the best. I can drink those endlessly with no gag reflex.

The last post I cut short, wanted to see if I had to signup before I posted.

Anyways... to continue...
As I got older my gag reflex worsened. My Doctor prescribed me Nexium which helped. He too suggested it was acid reflex and you know what... it worked not bad. I went off Nexium which is expensive and went on Sandoz-Rableprazle which worked even better than Nexium. It worked so well that I could clean up disgusting messes (puke and gross stuff like a cats hairball mess). I still had to drink liquids though... it wasn't a cure, but it reduced the gag feeling so much that with the drinking fluids and Sandoz-RablePrazle I could function really well. It's been many years I have been on Sandoz-RP and I'm just starting to notice it's not working as well as it did in the past but it's still working.

If I stop drinking liquids or making my throat wet then I will start to gag. Also, I found for Tea that I can drink about 3-4 large teas, sometimes more, and it will work for "that many" and then start to diminish. I can take mints and I found strong mints work better. I use Exceed mints from Melaleuca and they seem to do quite well but like almost everything else things have a diminishing return.

The only things that work 100% of the time is milk and pop, and juices but juices give me heartburn so I have to take it easy on them.

It's really frustrating because I try to loose weight. I can drink water but it doesn't really work unless I am exercising really hard and then it helps. Also, if I am sitting alone, and not talking, I can go a lot longer without drinking anything... but as soon as I start to talk OR exert myself or both I get it even worse and worse until I'm gagging really hard... liquid always solves this problem for me.

I was supposed to get my Thyroid checked a long time ago. I thought I did, but found my prescription appointment a few months ago. Just forgot to go I suppose. Will have to book that in the future next time I goto the doctors.

Hope this helps someone... at my worst... I during speaking I could say maybe 3 words before having to take a sip of something or lubricate my throat. After Sandoz-RP I have been a new man able to function but at a large calorie intake which has made me fat. I also have a metal plate in my knee so exercise is sometimes a problem.

It mostly works... drinking liquid and taking Sandoz-RP. I get around, I speak, I exercise sometimes. I am going back for more tests to see if there is anything that was missed.

I was 14 when I first had this in feb and now I’m 16, I have a phlegm sensation all the time and whenever u swallow it just stays there, especially if I’m going school or walking it’s when it get worse, I find it embarrassing because when it first started I was gagging all the time resulting in me being sick. I feel like it may be due to anxiety as well but after visiting the ent and having a camera they told my it’s scarring from acid reflux from all the gagging and being sick, they didn’t help cos as you can see I have it now, I’m starting college soon and I really don’t want this problem. I also have to carry a water bottle round with me because my mouth drys up very quick and obviously that causes gagging. Honestly I need this gone because it’s making my life so hard. I’m too scared and worried to go out incase I’m sick, it is literally taking over my life!