so i have been getting the feeling of stuff getting stuck in my throat. what stuff? well, 1st i got a fingernail stuck in my throat. it hung around for 10 days, but then i felt some pressure behind my nose near my eyes and then it went away. then i got a hair stuck. that lasted about over a week and then went away. my pediatrician said i might have acid reflux but that was just after i had truckloads of sugar at a party. i then got sick, low fever and cough, but the mucous from the cough hawsnt fell through as i expected. also i usually get food stuck in my thrroat while eating but it falls thru within a few hrs. its kind of scary. i dont feel like im choking on anything and havent had shortness of breath so im figuring that there may be some scar tissue there from all the $h!t in my throat, but my parents wont take me to the dr! its annoying and i feel sad cause my mom is yelling at me ike eat ur dinner! but i hav to eat it slowly cause it keeps getting stuck! i have to eat, so its not like i can sit back and let mtigh throat heal. btw im 13.

***WARNING-Gross Part***

also my poop hasnt been consistent. its been coming out in pieces, and lately i go 1-2 days w/o pooping. im scared! i read up on it and it sounds like my GI tract might be closed up a little, which is causing the little pieces instead of one solid thing. it kind of feels like it. ik if poop hangs around long enuf than it causes an infection. this has been going on 4 about a few mo. im scared it might leave permanent damage, even cancer?!? im not sure but pooping has been harder and harder and im scared. my parents say i just need to drink water, but it almost never comes out! it doesnt even feel like im constipated. btw this happened after i got hemorrhoids. plz help!!! i hav my whole life ahead of me. i dont want to be worrying about my poop AND my throat!

I am 13 and i have never felt this before.maybe you should watch what is on your hands when touching your face

Good luck

It may seem odd but trust me- look at the back of your throt with aa flashlight. Do you see any WEIRD WHITE SPECKS or ROUND OBJECTS against the back of your throat? If so- you have tonsil stones. They're these weird build ups of bacteria that come out of the passages from you nasal cavity in your throat. If you have an infection or haven't brushed well you can get them. I've gotten them a lot. They're responsible for making you feel like you have something stuck in the back of your throat and for bad breath. They can be really irritating. You can pull them out with a q-tip or they'll disappear sometimes in the middle of the night. You can end up swallowing them and sometime they'll dislodge when you cough.

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e6/Tonsilloliths_20091119_prior_to_tonsillectomy.JPG/120px-Tonsilloliths_20091119_prior_to_tonsillectomy.JPG

first off thx 4 replying. this started after i was sick. not fever sick, but thick, brown mucousy sick. ive had previous objects stuck in there, like fingernails and hairs, so im thinking the mucuous isnt draining well because theres scar tissue? anyway, ive had my dad look in my throat under an overhead light and ive had my throat checked 2 times, both said everything looked fine. thx again

I don't know if you have figured anything out yet, but it sounds like it would be a good idea for you to have an endoscopy for the throat issue. This procedure is fairly simple and will let the doctor look at your esophagus and stomach. The problem sounds like a mix of a few things: your esophagus has been hurt somehow, and possibly your esophagal sphincter isn't closing right so stomach acid is able to go up it and burn the upper esophagal lining - this feels like something is stuck in your throat and can feel like a really dry throat sometimes as well. This would cause all the throat problems you are describing. The being sick part can easily be explained by being 13, stressed, and start of school year where everyone brings colds into the school.  The poo part is probably a result of your recent eating habits, such as avoiding fiber because it is harder for you to eat with a hurt esophagus, and as your parents said, "not drinking enough liquid." Include whole wheat bread in your diet and drink about 1/4 to 1/2 gallon of water a day. For the throat part, a good test if you aren't going to do the endoscopy, is to buy 20mg omeprazole, and take one at night and one in the morning for 2-3 weeks. You should notice a difference if the problem has anything to do with stomach acid rising into your esophogus. The stool issue could also be the result of lactose intolerance, or trying to force the poo out too often and pushing too hard.    

One final note - try to relax, your going to be okay, it would be very rare for anything very serious to be wrong with you as young as you are, and you don't want to start a habit of being overly concerned about your body being sick or injured, it will develop into a bad case of hypochondria as you get older.  Best of luck hope this helps or that you are already okay.

Thx. It's been a few months and am better. the throat thing is gone and going to the bathroom is easier now. thx for your feedback