For the past two months I have been experiencing a swollen abdomen under my belly button down, a dull pain on my left side. I have under gone a few different blood test, and for my blood count my white blood cells came back elevated. The doctor told me that means there is a sign of infection somewhere and gave me an antibiotic; however could this also be a sign of cancer? It doesn't seem normal for just and antibiotic to clear up abdominal swelling and pain. I'm really nervous, any answers will be appreciated!

I had the same thing. Lower pelvic pain but not unbearable by any means. My Dr. sent me to get a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis and I do have some cysts on both ovaries. My white blood cell count is abnormal so I have to go get a trans vaginal ultra sound and then go see the Dr. again for the results because she said something is definately going on. I would be persistant with your Dr. and make sure you get the right tests.

I have the same problem elevated WBC..doc says infection, and horrible lower left abdominal pain..doc did CT and said there was swelling around my ureters..also I have had a hysterectomy..only 1 remaining ovary..now the 2 different antibiotics I am on make me feel really weird..IDK what to do either?? Nervous as well! thanks

What about diverticulitis. I get this and it causes great pain in lower left side and elevated white blood cell count because of the infection.

I am a 60 year old woman, Born Taurus but birth month Gemini. Abyay when i turned 56 I had a physician gynecologist opened my stomach up and examine my
uterus if born strong and ovary in place he calls it. My
menstruation is messy and glumpy two not to easy periods
because of traps foods hard to digestive there. Menstruation
is hard for me to have. He says stop heavy eating. He is
back from England-Arizona the doctor have not seen me
since his homeward. I have problems of periods blood with
urinary in toilet.My stools stains in panties have stopped.