For the past 5 months my doctor has done blood test on me 3 different times. Each time my count is between 15,000 and 17,000. I noticed that one of the reasons in the article was:
*Spleen removal could grant persistent mild to moderate increased WBC count.
In 1997 I had a car wreck and ruptured my spleen. I have asked my doctor is this could be the reason and each time he has told me no.
Could this maybe be the reason why my count is so high?

Hey Tessa. I would like to tell you that I also am familiar with this situation because it is the same thing that has happened to my uncle several years ago. He had his spleen removed from medical reasons, and that had resulted in high white blood cell count. Unfortunately for him, it stayed high up to date and he didn't resolve his issue. But, it may be different with you. I have a question for you, are you exercising or doing hard labour because those factors could also be potential cause for your blood cell count to rise too? 

My husband has had a high white cell count since his spleen was taken out. His dr has sent him to an oncologist three times. Nothing is wrong with him except his white cell count.

I have an elevated white blood cell count after my spleen removal two years ago

I had my spleen out two years ago as well and my WBC stays around 14 - 17k routinely.