Hi. My name is Tamara and im from Australia. Firstly, a little bit of background. For the past 3 years i have experienced some weird changes in my health. Ive never really been an over anxious person, but before i started year 10 (just finished year 12 last year) i suddenly became anxious about how i would survive year 10. Very silly, as yr 10 was easy. Well when i got into year 10, i was fine and the anxiety went away. But, about a term in i started having weird episodes where i would feel lightheaded in the assembly. It was weird, cause i could go out in crowds elswhere, and this lightheadedness only happened a couple of times. Then just before the middle holidays, i had a really bad episode and it didnt go away. AFter that episode, i have been constantly lightheaded (about 2.5 years). Aswell as this, i have experienced anxiety, stomach issues, lack of appetite, stomach sensitive to many foods, i can eat still but many foods just turn me off and i've always been a good eater. A few months ago i experienced an odd panic attack, i was just about to go into my second last HSC exam and i began to feel dizzy, and when i got in there my mind went blank, and this scared the sh*t out of me, i started crying and told the supervisor i couldnt do it. Thankfully i was already in seperate supervision due to issues with being in the hall, which basically helped when appealing for illness. Anyways, since then i have experienced odd nervousness, for the most stupidest things like fearing being alone when i used to love it. I also experienced a few weeks where i could barely eat due to feeling sick, and when i took vitamins in the morning i would instantly throw them up. I have also experienced odd breathing issues. It began as a feeling like my chest was tight, and my lungs had shrunk and i couldnt take a deep breath. This would last for a few days, go away then come back after about a week. Lately it has come back, but it feels more in my throat now. About a week ago i had what felt like food stuck in my throat for a few days. I have also been having sleeping issues, where i usually have to sleep on my left side otherwise my breathing is funny the next day, and when i wake up during the night my breathing is heavy and chest feels tight. I also have realised recently i clench my teeth while im falling asleep, and am clenching them when i wake. I also have bad breath, flu symptoms, eye floaters, and the worst of all chronic fatigue. No matter how much or how little i sleep, i am always exhausted. The lightheadedness also gets worse after excercise.  It sometimes is worse when i stand up, but not every time. I also feel off balance when walking out in shops, or shopping centers and the lightheadedness seems worse. Sorry if this seems long, but i am desperate. i can't keep just living like this, i hate seeing my friends moving on and starting their lives when im stuck in illness and feeling crappy. My doctor has put it down to anxiety, which i dont believe because there has been periods during the past 2.5 years when i have not felt any anxiety, but the constant lightheadedness has never gone away. It has slightly eased at times, but never gone away. I believe it may have something to do with parasites in my system. My mum went to a conference where the speaker talked about worms, and the symptoms seemed to match up with mine. Has anyone had this experience with parasites before? How did you get rid of them, and are their natural ways? ( i dont want to use 'medication') Thankyou for taking the time :)

An 18yr old wanting to live again :)

Hi this is soo weird,I have had the same exact  issue for at least 2 years now. Just wondering if you have found an answer to your problem.I have been to so many doctors and all say stress, but not believing it.

I have had the same problem on and off for a few years now. It stopped and has started again recently. I feel light headed, I get headaches quite often (especially after eating now), I'm very tired/lethargic and I have that same awkward feeling when I go into a store. Or when the light headedness hits, I feel as if I'm under the influence of something or another. I get a tightening in my chest and upper abdominal area after eating, as well as a radiating pain through my neck. When I start to fall asleep sometimes I wake up SUDDENLY because I have to take a deep breath like I had stopped breathing momentarily. But, I have not gone to speak with the doctor about this problem, yet. I was told not too long ago that I have a vitamin D deficiency so I wonder if that has something to do with the light headedness and tiredness; lack of certain vitamins. I have been researching reasons why this could be happening but I get too many different answers. Since your problem seems to be almost dead on with mine, I was wondering if you ever found out what the cause was/is.

I have the exact symptoms! like exact! I couldn't eat, or do anything. so, I'm being tested for parasites like H-Pylori and all that stuff...hopefully that's what's causing it and I can get it sorted. Did you ever find out what your was?

Best wishes! Abi
:)

I have the same thing on and off for about 5 years. I had some blood tests (although I dont know what they are testing for) and a brain scan. All tests are clear so the doctors say Anxiety. Yet I am very far from depressed, and I am never anxious or stressed when this comes. 

I am sure its something viral in the blood.

Can anyone recommend some tests that I should ask for ??

Thanks

These are all of the symptoms that I went through for two years of sheer hell.  It is parasites LaGuardia is what I had and probably may still have works.  It was picked up on a machine I tried at an exhibition called Physiospect.  That machine saved my life as far as I'm concerned.  I would also break out in terrible sweats, get extremely irritable to the point of wanting to just scream, looked dreadful, terrible colour and face would swell up especially across the nose area, its all to do with the parasite, called smiley face, and one of the horrible things it does is give you a "moon face as they call it".  Trust me, Google Laguardia parasite and its al there.

I used a course of Paragone.  You take 2 tablets a day and some drops in water first thing in the morning for I think it was 21 days, then 21 days off then back on for 21 days.  I also read up on the internet anything that I could.  One great thing to take is raw garlic and manuka honey, they absolutely hate that.  Loads of stuff there plus a few sessions in the Physiospect machine also helped and, you wouldn't believe just where they were, everywhere, bacteria around my heart, parasites in my nervous system, intestines, still having treatments now but feel so much better.  Light headedness has gone thank goodness, its taking time but I'm getting there.

Lemon and ginger drinks are also good with cayenne pepper.  They all truly help so please try.

I have been lightheaded on and off for approximately 3 years. It is slowly getting worse. The doctors have ran every kind of test and they all show normal!! I am tired of hearing everything is NORMAL when I know it is not normal to be lightheaded, tired, weak, ect. all day long. I have now been refered to Vanderbuilt Hospital to the Autonumonic Dysfunction center. So I am still playing the waiting game. Also I have bad trigger points in the upper left shoulder that cause pain to go into the chest area. ANYONE ELSE have this c**p going on. It makes you feel like you are going to die.!!!

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. Please look into it. Also, feel free to message me with questions or to chat.

Take care,
B

I'm not sure if you are still dealing with this issue, but I had a similar story many years ago and discovered that I had neurological Lyme Disease.  I don't know if they have Lyme Disease in Australia but if so, you should definitely get checked for that.  Sometimes the tests give false negative so you want to go to a good doctor familiar with Lyme.  Anxiety and panic disorder can definitely cause these symptoms but the question is whether there is a physiological illness causing the anxiety disorder or if that alone is going on.

Perry

Hi my husband is dealing with something similar. I wondered if there been any cases of lyme disease found in Australia as I saw a show recently and they said that it's not known to be in Australia. We went to Thailand in September last year and he contracted dengue fever while over there. He was sick for a week after this but then seemed to recover. Around Christmas time he started getting a strange dizzy spell, light-headedness, stomach cramps, tight chest and anxiety attacks. He is never usually in anxious person this is totally out of character. Six months on he still has these issues. He is currently seeing a naturopath and has been for two months now. She is treated think your patience in the past answers are usually respond better than he is. On the blood test she requested this seems to be a marker for something else viral but when not sure what.he remembers been bitten by to text sometime last year so it is possible he does have lymes disease. The naturopath has said that he never needs a special blood test that cost close to a grand to get a proper result for limes disease. Is this what you had done? Any help would be greatly appreciated as he is really finding this difficult

Did anyone ever figure out a treatment? This thread is a year old so I was hoping so

did you ever find out if this was linked to parasites???? i have the exact same things going on. and would love to know if this was the case please!!!

How did u get diagnosed?