Hi guys. I am 23 weeks pregnant. I can't describe this happiness and the scare at the same time. It was all OK, but now I have constant lightheadedness and I am very scared. I know that sometimes pregnant ladies do have a problem with blood pressure, but I am scared because it happens to me every single day - from the moment when I wake up. I consulted my doctor and he told me that I should eat better, that I should drink more liquid and that I will be ok. But the problem is that I do that all the time, but nothing is changing... 

Hi. For sure, you should control it, but it is normal in pregnancy. Constant lightheadedness happens due to the rising hormones. When that happens, it usually causes your blood vessels to relax and widen. But, of course, that doesn't mean that you should let it go, believing that this will pass. I think that you should do some tests, just to be sure that everything is OK with you. When you are pregnant, usually your blood pressure is lower and that is the reason why you have a lightheadedness and dizziness. Is this started to happen now or before? For how long you have it? 

Hello.

It happens because pregnancy may lower your blood pressure. It is normal that hormonal and other changes in your body relax the walls of your blood vessels and this is one of the reasons why lightheadedness happens. Also, when I was pregnant, I had a tendency to jump out of my bed and then all those problems with lightheadedness and dizziness started to happen. Are you doing this as well? Also, if you are in your bed for too long, it also can cause it. You also need to make sure that you are eating because your sugar level may be down if you don't eat for more than 4 hours.   

I am almost 24 weeks pregnant and I have the same problem. I know that this all can be because of the way how I get up or stand up, but I don't do that. I am trying to get up really slowly from the lying position and when I am in the squatting position, for some reason, I try to get up very slowly. So, I really don't see the reason why this happens. I have to be honest and tell you that I am really scared and that I don't know how to behave or what to do. I made an appointment with my doctor and he did all the tests that he needed. They all are good, the baby is good, but I don't feel good at all. Why?

Celebrity

Good day!

If those tests are OK, then I think that you should really not be that worried. I know that you don't feel OK, but that is because you are going through some condition that is new to your body and that lightheadedness is generally heavy enough without being pregnant. I think that you don't need to be worried because your cardiovascular and nervous systems can usually adjust to these changes and both of them are trying to maintain adequate blood flow to your brain. Now, you are probably wondering why it didn't go away after 23 weeks, but the answer is really simple - sometimes they don't adapt quickly enough and that results in dizziness and lightheadedness. 

Yes, that is correct. Every body goes through the different change and some ladies adjust to it sooner than another ladies. But you can do a couple of things when this happens. I know that it may sound hard for you to do that since I believe that in this condition you are developing a panic as well, but remember that you will be OK and try to do next thing - lie down as soon as you start to feel dizzy or whenever you feel this lightheadedness that bothers you. You should lay on your side because that postilion maximizes blood flow to your body and brain, which may keep you from fainting. It is also proven that helps in lightheadedness. 

Hey darling, there is no need to be scared. I am glad that I can tell you this because when I was in the same situation, no one was there to tell me that this is all normal and that I will be OK. When you are pregnant, you need to observe and control so many things - from the way how you are getting in your bed from the way on how you are getting up from it. Also, you need to eat regularly, to drink water. I didn't do that since I was nauseous all the time and I was throwing up, so I believed that I will minimize this if I don't eat. True, but when you don't eat, you are struggling with lightheadedness. So, I think that there is nothing wrong with you and your baby.