I am a 30-year-old female experiencing constant lightheadedness. I don’t know what is the cause of my headedness but it is present every day and dizziness almost all the time. These symptoms started four months ago. In those four months, I even fainted three times. I contacted my general practioner who has sent me to a neurologist. Neurologist didn’t find anything unusual. He gave me Florinef Acet but it didn’t help at all. Because of my constant lightheadedness it is not possible for me to have appropriate concentration on my work and it makes me very nervous. What should I do?  

Yes, I understand how much problems can cause a simple headedness because I have suffered from lightheadedness and fainting seizures most of my life. I will try to help you and we must go systematically. First, reason for your problem can be trivial like an imbalance of your eye muscles or trouble seeing can make you unsteady. Solution is easy-get a glasses or correct your glasses diopter!
Also, damage of blood circulation is among the most common causes of dizziness and headedness. That was mine case. Because of my bad life habits, like smoking, not resting and drinking too much coffee, my blood vessels shrank. My low body weight also didn’t help at all because in a same time I had a low blood pressure. All that caused my problems. Because
My advice for you is next – get rid of those bad life habits like too much smoking, drinking, avoid greasy food, keep your blood pressure controlled, do everyday exercises and take your medicaments regularly and I guarantee you that your problems will disappear. Wish you luck!

I had a friend that had this. They diagnosed her with VERTIGO.

I have the same problem too. And it is not veritgo, because there is not a spinning sensation. I think it is my blood pressure possibly, and whenever I eat foods high in saturated fat, the lightheadedness worsens. I find that driving is the only thing that relieves my symptoms. I hope you find a cure, because I sure don't know one yet.

I am 30 and I have just started getting this too. Unfortunately driving seems to make it worse but I wonder if this is just because this was the first time it happened and now I am nervous of it!
It's not my BP and not related to anything in particular. It is making me a whole less confident though!
Emma x

I had tachycardia 10 days ago and since I'd never had that happen before, I actually went to the hospital via ambulance where by then my heartrate had decreased from 146 (at the time the ambulance got to me) to around 110. They couldn't make a diagnosis so they just called it tachycardia... but it was also accompanied by dizziness, lightheadedness and a feeling of panic. They concluded that the tachycardia may have been caused by an antihistamine I had taken an hour prior but I have not taken that medicine since then and have sense had increases heart rate (not as bad as the first time though), dizziness (mostly when I'm resting) and random moments where my heart skips and a feeling like I'm going to faint comes over me until I calm myself down mentally. It sounds like a panic disorder to me but it's so sudden. I've never had this issue until a little over a week ago. Anyone else have this or know what it is?

I just recently starting having the constant feeling of dizziness and feeling lightheaded. I am 27 years old and this has been going on for the past few days. I thought I was getting sick at first, but nothing has happened since then. My other thought was I have issues with anxiety. I am wondering if these symtoms have to do with that? I know that when I get really anxious crazy things happen to my body. So I would say if you haven't looked into the whole anxiety thing, I would defiently considering doing that. You would be amazed at what types of things anxiety will do to your body.

Just have a question to your comment, did you ever find out what was going on? I am experiencing the same kind of symptoms and it's driving me crazy. I went to a party one evening and when I had a few drinks and got a small buzz, the next day I felt the same way as the evenig before, did you have that happen to you too? Some ideas would be most helpful. Thx

I can relate to the constant ligtheadedness. I am a 30 year old female... I first had the light headed feeling over a year ago. Doctors did blood work and put me on ambien and said it might be stress related. After a few weeks the feeling just stopped. Now it has returned. I have been feeling lightheaded for two months now. Again the doctor could not find anything in my blood work. I will be getting a CT scan this week more for peace of mind than anything else... no one can seem to figure what is wrong!!!

I have been having the same symptoms for 8 months now. I have been to the ear nose and throat specialist, had a CAT scan and an MRI, went to a cardiogist and went through a battery of heart tests-- ALL negative. My last step is the neurologist. I do find comfort in the fact that there are others out there who feel the same way-- we're not crazy after all...

hi im 21 i was diagnosed with anxiety 5 months ago i was at my daughters parents evening wen i first went relly dzzy and sick and felt i was going to faint luckily i got some water n it passed but now its stayed all the time but now i have nausea really bad, pain in right rib cage n just feel ill...there must be more than anxiety with this

I've had constant lightheadedness/dizziness for over 10 months now. It's almost always with me and gets worst when i'm more tired and stressed. Also when it's really bad it's hard for me to walk and move my head. Sometimes I hold the sides and back of my head and I walk. I've been to ENT, neurologist, did CT scan, MRI, all negetive. It's really hard for me as i'm sure it's hard for you as well. Question, when you guys drink, does it get better? for me it does. I also feel like it's on my right side of my haed and related to my right ear. Pls write back, thanks Arash

I've had these same symptoms too!

I've been feeling lightheaded nonstop since august when I had what I guess was an anxiety attack because of the dizziness and shaking and stuff. Since that, it's lightheadedness, shortness of breath, random short headaches, and when I walk my legs feel like jello. I've never fainted or fallen over, but it's such a scary feeling.

Blah, I hope people are still reading this, haha. :-P

I hope we could all find an answer, or something that would help us. I also feel tired and sleepy as well. My lightheadedness happnes mostly when i'm more tired.

Wow, this makes me feel better that I have found people who are also experiencing lightheadedness. For a minute, I thought I was going crazy. I get lightheaded DAILY! I always think it is worst case scenario, but it has to be related to STRESS, caffeine intake (not enough water), bad foods, smoking, etc.