For about three weeks now I have been experiencing lightheadedness and just this last week a bit of vertigo. I've tried several different things. Making sure I eat, drink liquids, take a nap, take medicene. Nothing is working. I was going to physical therapy, my last day was last week and i haven't exercised since. My friend said that might be the reason but that seems a little extreme. It's constant. Lying down, standing, sitting, walking, I'm just constantly lightheaded. What can i do?

Hello there! Considering you have been experiencing constant lightheadedness for three weeks, I wouldn’t play with it anymore.

Although some causes of lightheadedness and dizziness are not serious and may resolve on their own, there are other causes that could be serious.
The feeling of lightheadedness happens when we are not getting enough blood to the brain. It could be low blood pressure, dehydration, or an allergy.

However, the lightheadedness may indicate a heart problem and it is even more obvious if you’ve been experiencing any additional symptoms like chest pain, a feeling of a racing heart, loss of speech, change in vision, etc.
I reckon you should see a neurologist or psychiatrist to see if there is a balance disorder. If you do have a balance disorder, it is better to discover it sooner, so that you could take proper actions.
Is there a history of diabetes in your family? Lightheadedness can be a sign of diabetes as well. I hope you will decide to see a doctor soon.

I have the same thing. As soon as I wake in the morning, it's there, so that rules out the eyes. It started out as more of a feeling of motion sickness, but now I just feel lightheaded...or as if my body isn't getting enough oxygen. It's persistent...I've had an ekg, ct & bloodwork...no issues. I'm going to try iron supplements & hope for the best. I also have an appt for a neurologist, but it's almost 2 months away. I don't know if I'll make it that long.