I've been getting lightheaded sporadically since 12/24. I've been to a neurologist, cardioligist, ear/nose and throat, eye doctors. They've found nothing. I know this is not normal for me. I keep coming up with theories like dried out sinuses from too much allegraD, flonase, dehumidifier etc. Also, I've been thinking maybe it has to do with that I am 39 and still have my top wisdom teeth. Could there be a connection? Also, I have IBS and GERD. The acid reflux is really quite bad and the nexium I've started on isn't doing too much. If someone could give me something to go on, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Sometimes when I don’t drink enough water I get dizzy. You also could not be eating right.

I've been having the same problems since 1/1 and doctors keep saying it's anxiety. Unfortunately none of the doctors i've worked with have sent me for testing. I've been on prilosec otc 40 mg for over 3 weeks and I think it's making me dizzier. I just hope I find a doctor that looks into this. I don't think it's panic disorder because sometimes my symptoms last all day.

Are you (or have you served) in the Military?
Short answer on the GERD: Omeprazole is the only med that helps me.

carafate is what i take for my gastritis, which is pretty much gerd. it's the only one that has worked for me.

I too have had dizziness nausea tiredness general feeling of unwell, I have a Hietus Hernia and Gerd, I have been under a well known proffessor of gastroentoroloy who has tested me with colonoscopy/endoscopy, scans, drugs and cannot find anything wrong with me. I suppose I have to believe him although this does not stop me felling unwell, he has told me that I am suffering from stress-again I am unsure of this diagnosis. My GP is a waste of time, I am running out of ideas.

Several years ago, I suffered from bouts of unexplained lightheadedness also. I underwent all the testing that you did, several specialists, with no findings that would cause constant lightheadedness. (Prior to finding a cause, my dr. had me on meclizine (Bonine), which is for motion sickness, which did help some.) No physical findings pointed the doctors to anxiety. I wasn't aware of any causes of anxiety in my life, but a psychiatrist told me that anxiety can be genetic, meaning even if you feel that your life is just 'peachy', you can still experience anxiety, one of the symptoms being lightheadedness. They started me on Lexapro 20, and the lightheadedness went away. Also, I've been told that lightheadedness can be a symptom if you are perimenopausal.

So Radames65 what did you find out on the dizziness. Was it your wisdom tooth by any chance? I'm 44 and still have my top wisdom tooth also. I too have been having dizzy spell off and on for the last month now. My doctor and specialist can't figure it out went to all the test you've gone and nothing yet. please reply post if you can help. Thanks

Hi I am new to this site I found it when I was looking for answers about sinus pressure, I have had sinus pressure, ear pressure, dizzy, unable to concentrate for many years on and of. Went to ENT specialist several times all have different answers. One says Menieres desease, another Migrane without the pain. Noone seems to have the answers.
This is driving me crazy, days I have to leave work and come home. I never know when its going to happen, just all of a sudden.
I am going to another ENT tomorrow but I am not hopeful. I can't sleep at night because one side or the other of my sinus are always blocked. I wish someone could find the answer.

Gerri

USE A NETI POT WITH SEA SALT (NON IODIZED) FOUND AT HEALTH FOOD STORES I HAVE BEEN USING MINE FOR NEARLY A YEAR AND RARELY HAVE ANY ALLERGIES ATTACKS OR SINUS PROBLEMS.

Guest wrote:

Radames65 wrote:

i would love to know what they said was the promblem with you! b/c i have been having the same symptoms that can last me all day long and its scary. so please tell me what your doctor said thanks :)

I have been getting dizzy, lightheaded and headaches for the past month. My co-worker tells me that the same thing happened to her dad and he died of an aneurism. I went to my doctor and they have run all kinds of test and the results are always the same nothing. I sometimes think that this is all in my head. I have been to a cardiologist, neurologist, gastro (colonoscopy/endoscopy), cancer specialist, and even to a dermatologist and all my test came back normal. This is beginning to frustrate me. I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone has a slight idea of what this could be, please let me know. Thanks!

i have something similar. i get up from a hot bath, then i feel dizzy and almost pass out. idk why

I have been "diagnosed" with anxiety and put on zoloft...felt better after about 6 weeks. then about 2 months later I started feeling sick to my stomach, dizzy and faint. My doc told me to take pepcid 1xper day for 6 weeks to relieve my stomach from acid caused by my anxiety. It worked! after a few days of taking it my stomach felt better. if i missed a day, I could feel the upset stomach come on. but after the full 6weeks, I was good. now I feel lightheaded at random times. i wonder if its cause i stopped taking my zoloft? have to call doc again. just wonder if anyone out there has had a similar story?

I experienced lightheadedness for several years before my GP had me tested for GERD. In 1993 he put me on 150mg Zantac twice a day and I have been on it ever since. The GERD was definately causing the lightheadedness! And the Zantac took care of it. Good Luck!