I am 33 years old and suffering from chronic lightheadedness, off balance, foggy head feeling that has created anxiety and panic attacks. What could cause this? I have had the following tests:
MRI w/contrast
blood panel
inner ear tests
EKG
EEG
Eye movement tests by neuro
sleep study by neuro
water in the ear tests
thyroid
insulin/pancreas
c peptide
vit b defficiency

2 years now I have been dealing wtih this and don't know where to go from here

I am 31 yrs old, and this December will mark 2 yrs of constant lightheadedness for myself, not to mention the frustration, anxiety, and general loss of vitality that it brings. I have had several of the tests you have had: MRI w/ contrast, inner ear stuff, EKG, vitamin b deficiency (I was low-normal), Lyme Disease. This is the second health forum I've joined. Chronic lightheadedness is such a bizarre condition, making me feel so isolated. I've had no success whatsoever with WEstern medicine. After a normal MRI, the docs basically said it was anxiety, and prescribed me Paxil, which I never took. There are many reasons for it, the most being that I didn't need anymore potential physical side effects going on in my body. I've had great success w/ alternative medicine. One doctor, specifically, who found out that I had fluke parasites that were causing an infection in my white blood cells. I took very strong herbs from him, then did a 3 month colon cleanse (very easy) with a product called Colonix, and had great results. I recently went back to this doctor, as my "spells" as I call them, had returned. He found out that I had low stomach acid. Now this sounds odd, but it actually makes sense. When you have low stomach acid, things like parasites, bacteria, and fungi, you name it, are not killed in your stomach, where they should be if you have the proper amount of acid. When this happens, the parasites, etc. have a breeding ground there, as well as in your intestines and colon. Now, this all produces double or more of the amount of toxins your body is able to process, thus taxing your liver, kidneys, pancreas, adrenals, etc. My liver and kidneys always came up whenever I had energy healing or acupuncture. Low stomach acid also makes it nearly impossible for your body to absorb nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin B, and salt. Salt is something I always crave. So, despite an extremely healthy diet, your body isn't receiving any of the benefits of the food you're eating. Also, people with type A blood type have the lowest stomach acid of all the bloo types. I'm type A, so this all makes even more sense to me. Anyway, I could go on and on. I guess I just wanted to share my experience with the hopes that it could help someone. I think that the most important thing to remember is that when you have something as powerful and debilitationg as chronic lightheadedness, that often times it's like putting together little puzzle pieces to try and figure out how everything is connected. Most importantly, in my case at least, that looking at areas of my body other than my actual head, gave me more answers. Good luck to you, and know that there are others out there who truly know how you feel. All the best.

I am having the same symptoms. What is the name and contact information for the doctor that you used?

***

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

I believe my lightheadedness is being caused by the same issue. Low stomach acid. I was on PPI pills for a few months at a high dose and I believe that made my already low acid levels even lower. I burp constantly and never have any acid reflux with it.

I wish steadyhealth had a system where we could message other users. I want to ask ccopp about his experience and if low stomach acid was for sure the cause and if it went away after he brought his levels back up again.

I was going to post in here that the issue was probably some sort of anxiety related problem and I still think it's a possibility but what youv'e posted about the stomach acid problem leads me to believe that it's also plausible. I don't know what else to say other than I hope that you all get help with it, and please keep me posted on your recovery!

25 year old female and I as well have been experiencing lightheadedness for over two years now....which in turn as we all know can cause anxiety
issues as well.
Have been seeing an acupuncturist off and on for awhile now, and she says it is a digestive problem....so reading about this low stomach acid peeked my interest, and I'm wondering could i have the same issue? I had my gull bladder removed when i was 3, could lack of a gull bladder cause this problem I wonder?
any information on this would be gladly appreciated! :-)
thanks,
Dizzy

hi Ccopp,

tats interesting what you said abt low stomach acid, I went to my naturopath, did a urine, saliva test and 3 D body scan. tat was abt 3 days before my nightmare began.
it shows my urine ph and salive ph is high, meaning alkaline... and somethg abt low stomach acid too.
and I thought alkaline body is good? I guess it should be alkaline blood, not urine nor saliva??

almost 4 weeks ago, I was in a cab with the driver coughing , n I couldn't open the windows.
I could just feel the virus ;)
2 days later, I felt a sore throat coming, but I commanded it to stop, which it did, and for the next 3 days I felt v good and healthy.
then one sunday , I slept at almost 3am and woke up abt 8 plus,, 5 hours plus sleep,, tats where it all started,, eversince then, I had foggy brain and occasional dizziness for 1 week.
2nd week, foggy brain gone, I could think much clearer, but new symptom,, heavy head came in.
3rd week, heavy head was worse and when that happens, light headedness also worse.
4th week, heavy head is much better,, only sometimes I have it,, and now CONSTANT or almost constant light headedness,, I dun see thgs spinning, but it's like in my head, I feel sometimes off balance n floating,, not down on earth.

Today I experimented, when I pull my head upwards, all my light headedness gone! but when I let go, I would feel the heavy head a bit and light headed again.

I went to see a GP,, and she write me off as stress/ anxiety, and told me it's not symptoms of brain tumor, cos I told her my fears.
she said if im worried and want to have peace of mind, I can do MRI but she thinks it's not necessary.
she doesn't even want to give me any meds cos she said I wd be addictive to it.

so, what is your problem? have you found out??

oh my please contact me my symptoms are exact to yours There is no answer that the doctors have given me

I will pray for you!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

2 YEARS LIGHTHEADED ALL TESTS DONE.dr. HAVE NO IDEA. i AM GOING CRAZY OVER THIS~