For the last few days I have been feeling lightheaded constantly.
It also feels as if my head is "thick"" or under slight pressure.
If I cough I see stars for about 20 seconds afterwards.
I thought it may be signs of diabetes but I am not showing the other signs
like constant hunger, thirst, dry mouth, frequent urination.
I am not showing any signs of cold or flu.

Any ideas? I have a rather extreme aversion to medical practitioners so any advice other than "go see a doctor" would be appreciated =]

sounds like migraine symptoms, but PLEASE sont take that as medical advice. Please see a doctor to be sure! Feel better!

it sounds like some of my symptoms I have and I have been diagnosed with panic disorder. I live in a haze almost like a dream. I don't know you have anxiety but that sounds a lot like me.... hope that helps!

I have had these same symptoms, the lightheadedness and distorted vision in one eye. I went to the eye doctor and ruled out problems with my eyes. My eye doctor thought it could be TIAs (Mini strokes) so I went to the doctor. After an MRI and blood work, they still do not know what is wrong. He thought I maybe had a viral bug (my white count in my blood was low, and my platelets were low and eventhough I didn't feel like it, I also had a fever.

I have been lightheaded for 3 months now. I have been going online to self-diagnose, and I found something that sounded like my distored vision that was triggered by caffeine, alcohol or physical exertion. I used to drink alot of Diet Pepsi, so I cut the caffeine kind out and went to Caffeine Free. My lightheadedness got better, not constant everyday. Then I thought maybe it was diabetic related eventhough my Dr. said I should watch my sugar and carbs intake, he said I was by no means diabetic. So I cut out sugar and carbs almost entirely. Now I am only lightheaded once in a while throughout the day.

Also, I looked into Aspartame (the artificial sweetener in Diet Pepsi) that is really bad and can cause lots of things, so I cut out all pop. That doesn't seem to change how I feel, but the website said that if you have something wrong and the doctors can not find anything wrong, it is most likely problems from Aspartame. Because it does not show up on tests.