I am female, 47 in pre-menopause. I have this problem more than a year, but it seems stronger and stronger (maybe also pre-menopause is the reason, but doctors excluded that). I feel lightheaded, suffer from headaches and sometimes even feel off balance. I even went to ENT. I made CT scan and I seems like there is no problem with sinuses, tumors. I also made blood tests.
I am now on some antidepressants, that do not help not feeling lightheaded.

Hello!
Maybe this is really because you are in pre-menopausal stage... my mother had the same problem, but didn’t seem to be that evident (I mean she didn’t seek for medical attention).
Considering, you have off balance feeling (among others), maybe there is something connected to ears, maybe spine? Did your doctors examine the possibility of fibromyalgia? All these conditions are benign (not cancer and not untreatable). Maybe there is something more serious, like some systemic disease, or major depression.

I'm 43 and just a few months ago in Sept. I started to get dizzy, lightheaded, and headaches, did every test MRI/MRA two major blood test and nothing concerned these symptoms. And here it is a new year and I still get the headaches, dizziness and lightheaded. Some days are worse than others, and I hate it because simple task is just difficult because all I want to do is lay down. I live in Texas so I don't know if the heat here has anything to do with it.

I am 24 years old and am also having these syptoms. It's been a little over a year and I don't remember the last time I didn't feel lightheaded, dizzy, or have a headache. Not a day comes that I feel "normal" or at 100%. It is frustrating!!! I've been in and out of doctors, had CT scans, blood work, an MRI on my brain, along with various other tests to no avail. It feels like I'm always on the verge of passing out and leaves me anxious about doing a lot of things because of this. Like stated above, sometimes I just want to lay down and going through daily life is a struggle at times. Anyone know what could be going on here???

Thanks for you time!!!

Has a neurologist checked your sleep yet? As in a disorder related to REM or another sleep related problem?

I have been suffering from lightheadedness and headaches daily for about 6 months. I've had all the tests and still no answer. I check these message boards and while it is a relief to know that they are others out there who are suffering from this too (sorry, misery does love company), no one ever seems to post when the solution has been found. If any of you have posted already could let us know what happened or if you found a soultion to this chronis lightheadedness I (and probably many many others) would be so grateful. While we may not be suffering from the same causes, it would at least give us a new avenue to try.

Thanks!
Diana

Reading all of your messages have put me a little more at ease, knowing I am not alone. I, too, am in my mid-forties and just recently started getting these feelings with nothing else being wrong. I plan to go to the doctor's this week and will keep you updated if I do find any results.

I am 46 and in menopause. my light headedness started about a year ago. At first it was just once in a while. Then it got so bad that I ended up in the ER one night. They said I had a sinus infection. Went thru all of the ENT appointments, ended up having sinus surgery. Didn't help! Had multiple ct scans and MRI but it seems to be getting even worse. Now having light headaches every day. Could this be a chemical imbalance due to menopause? Next step is neurologist. I will post what happens. I just want to feel normal again. I'm starting to think I never will.

Hi Guys, I was also grateful to know that there are more of you that feel this way! I am 51 and had surgery a month ago for removal of a uterine fibroid and a benign ovarian cyst. I am fully recovered from the surgery but now feel light headed and slightly dizzy all the time. I was drinking green tea apon rising but that made me worse. I know that I am not sleeping well with my hot flushes and I believe hormones may be a part of it. I also think that perhaps caffeinne may trigger it during this phase of our lives. I do drink one coffee in the early afternoon but I may give that up also to see if that helps. I also belive that I have some adrenal fatigue and yes each day seems like a struggle but I am telling myself that this will pass and someday I will feel good again. I exercise each day, just started yoga, and am making sure to eat 3 good meals with a combo of good protein, complex carbs, and a little good fat. It's so hard to have to be so regimented but I don't know what else to do. I have given up all refined sugar and saturated fat also as I do have slightly elevated cholestrol. I think it is hormones. So... hang in there and hopefully we all will feel better soon. A good friend of mine has encouraged me to meditate also to calm our minds. Start with just 10 minutes a day and build up. Please let me know if any of you women out there going thru menopause have any relief with my suggestions or any new medical cause news. Thanks, Susan

I'm 39 and have recently had the same symptoms. I was told it could be low blood pressure related. A nurse told me to make sure I'm drinking enough water. I tried drinking more and it really helped. Exercise helps too. And, if you're feeling really dizzy, raise your hands up over your head until you feel ok again. I learned this from a yoga teacher.

Hello Marchesano,

I feel for you! I've been there for years and finally found some solutions. I am 56 yrs. old and never had this problem until I turned 51 and all hell broke loose. lol First of all, unbalanced hormones can cause light headedness, so I went to a Naturepathic Dr. and she took care of that. Then I took care of my sinus troubles which required becoming a vegetarian and voila! I can breathe freely through out the night now. I also read "Eating For Your Blood Type" by Dr. D'Adamo and that also confirmed some things and helped with lessening the light headedness a LOT. I have also been off work recovering from severe burn-out (also causes light headedness) and have been working with a Naturepathic Dr. about that too. There are several good books out on burn-out that helped me. Burn-out is common when one reaches menopause as our adrenal glands are expected to pick up the slack when our ovaries quit on us. If we are already over taxed, we will pay when menopause strikes. I hope all this helps you in some way. Menopause can be very difficult for about 20% of us, so hang in there. God bless.

Hello again,

I forgot to mention that I believe that anti-depressants are handed out far to quickly by medical Drs. Often a good "happy light" for S.A.D. can do wonders instead and you won't gain weight from that. A good light for 'sad' therapy will boost your energy levels, balance your sleep circadian rhythm again, and improve your mood considerably. Years of working indoors, and in my case living up north didn't help, stress and other factors will mess with your whole endocrine system when you have menopause, so take heart. There are many things you can do to help yourself. Wishing you all the best.