Does anyone know what usual convalescence for toe fusion surgery is? I am going to have toe fusion surgery soon and I am considering getting some health cover. Any information will be useful. Thank you.

It really depends of the type of accident you suffer and insurance that you choose. I have this one for employees; payable for a maximum of 4 weeks immediately after 7 over-nights stays continuous hospitalization, £50 per week. I know a guy who received benefits of £3,000 for a broken leg, £600 for hospitalization and £600 convalescence. I ma not sure about toe fusion surgery, but I think that when you hurt a toe is something like £500-£600.

haston wrote:

Hello, I had big toe fusion surgery the 20th of this pas December, so I am almost three month"s out, and still have pain. I cannot stay on my foot for very long, and have to wear a special shoe. My toe is still red, and puffy, which I do not feel is a good sign. I would sincerely recommend not having the surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. The most realistic recovery time I have come up with is six Months, and believe me I am worried about that number at this point. I hope this helps,  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am getting a second opinion on the healing process and time for recovery the 22nd of this month. Nuke