I’ve been having hammer toe on my big toe on my left foot for last 3 months. It is not such problem for me, but I’ve started worried if it would become. I like to walk a lot and don’t know if that can worsen my condition. Is completely convalescence for toe fusion possible or not? I’m not thinking about having a surgery, but should I?

It is very important what your shoes are like, how comfortable they are, what the heel is like. You can try to get some help from chiropodists; there are some medical pads that are useful in this condition, to make you more comfortable. If decide to have an operation, the fact is that it takes up to 6 months for toe to recover. It is absolutely possible that toe convalescence completely after the fusion, and you would feel much better having all you toes healthy.