I have my big toe fused and a joint in my middle toe as well and also four years ago I had the left big toe fused. The left toe joint was fused with one long screw that I eventually had removed because it bothered me, but this time, the surgeon used a plate and 4 screws. This has allowed me to bear weight. The middle toe has a pin in it that will be removed in few more weeks. I have question for who recently had toe fusion surgery, how their recovery looks and is there anything they want to share.

Hey, I had big toe fusion on august 5th, on my birthday. I am 3 weeks post-op right now, but I was in a cast for the first 2 weeks. I am now in a removable cast/brace. Recovery started very well, I was allowed to start driving on the 4th day following surgery. I was allowed to walk on my cast the day of surgery, but the first 2 weeks, I couldn't stretch anything as I was in a cast. I am doing ankle stretching exercises 3 times a day and I am not supposed to put any weight on my foot except in the boot/cast for another 2-3 weeks. I have had very little discomfort since surgery and it feels great to walk in the boot.