I can remember reading about how some particular replenishment goo gave someone around here a nasty migraine, maybe it was on CH. Anyway, the last couple weeks I've been dealing with migraines and although it could be stress-related, the only dietary change I've really made is the addition of Gatorade. I don't get a migraine every time I use it but I wondered if anyone out there in radio listener land knew of any connection. Thanks.

Never heard that one. :umno:

As a major Gatorade drinker and a major migraine sufferer, I can say that Gatorade has only HELPED lessen the severity my migraines.

With so much variation in body chemistry, I'd really recommend buying a bottle of each and every sportsdrink you can find to try them all and see how you react. They're all a little different and if Gatorade has a bad side effect for you, keep trying. Or what I'm guessing might be up your alley is to do a little googling and find a recipe to make your own. I've read here and there about runners brewing their own to get favorable flavor, cost and avoid any side effects.

I have been using cytomax for awhile, and find it much better than gatorade.

Thanks, all. It may be that it isn't the Gatorade at all, I just thought since it has a lot of sodium and I'm not even sure what's in it, that it was a possibility.

I hope it's not the Gatorade, I can't believe how much better I feel after I run when I drink that than just plain water.

I have never had any problems with Gatorade. If you are feeling better after stopping drinking it then I think you know what to do.

Look at all the ingredients. Allergic to food colors?

I've seen them all the recipes. They basically are:
Fruit juice
1 Lime squeezed (optional)
3/4 Morton Lite teaspoon salt
3/4 C sugar white or brown (maple syrup optional)
2 3/4 quarts water

Gatorade gives me a migraine.

I have been Gatorade for 25 years and last year started getting migraines in the evening . I noticed when I didn't have any migraines I had run out of Gatorade, I associated the two and one day drank half a cup and within an hour I had a bad headache, there are toxic ingredients and one teenager found this out and wrote to them because it is promoted at his school, they told him if he got 200,000 signatures they would take it out .apparently they didn't remove all of them, I have been drinking vitamin water which has crystalline fructose which cause brain damage, Vitamin water is a coke product and in court their attorneys said no reasonable person could ever assume vitamin water is good for you?. What now lemon water with cranberry juice is what I drink, good luck America our food is banned in most of the uneducated world ,even Putin won't allow American food , he says it's cruel punishment...

Gatorade has bro instead vegetable oil as a stabilizer, it's highly toxic to eat

From New Jersey 24 y/o male, 5’10” 150lbs. I have drawn a direct relation from drinking Gatorade/Powerade as the most common cause of my migraines, which I was having around once a week. For the last 3-4 months I have drank neither and have had only 1 migraine.

Gatorade is a major trigger of migraines for me. I was migraine free for 8 months and i was at the ballpark and all they had to drink was Gatorade so i figured why not it's been 8 months. I got a horrible migraine 2 hours later. Don't drink it!