I've heard a oncologist said bottled water is healthier then tap. Then I heard plastic bottles leach toxic chemicals that can cause breast and prostrate cancer. which is better?

Hi Amy: If you live in a developing country, drinking bottled water is obviously safer. If you live in a developed country ask yourself this - where does this water come from?! - the answer is a tap! o.O Did you know that when the best selling bottled waters were tested they were all found to come from treated sources? And some had more minerals and contamination in them. Developed countries have major conditions for the treatment of water, and remember that water comes from 2 sources, either an underground well or a dam - mountains, lakes etc. So it is all from above or below ground. And ALL of them have to be treated to get rid of bacteria and other contaminants - such a fish poop etc. Before it is healthy enough to drink. So drink away from the tap, and it is better to use non toxic plastic or a glass container. Cheers!!!! XD ;-)

Well also I am a fan on tap water. I really don't like to drink bottled water and i thin that they are overrated. Also it depends where you live. Some places have excellent conditions and natural clear and healthy water for drinking.

This is such a controversial subject and I think it's funny that an oncologist would say something like that. It's a reminder that even doctors can be mistaken or have opinions that are unhealthy at times. Yes, a lot of people believe that tap water is unsafe but in almost all but a few areas in the country is tap water perfectly safe to drink. In fact, in NYC, the tap water is directly from an aquifer like fancy bottled water! It's true that there's evidence that plastic bottles can leach chemicals in the water. I think it's best to stick to tap, but that's my opinion.

Hi:
I share your dilemma. I would lean towards bottled water, although I don't have a really good reason except that it seems to be water that has been treated, somewhat, specifically for drinking. I'm not sure how protected our tap water is after it travels from where it originates and then goes thru our pipes. That seems creepy to me. Perhaps someone will answer with a more technical response. I will be watching the posts for more information. I hope you will too. Let us know what you find out.