What's your preference for your sport drink?

I've used Gatorade for years, but after having great success with HammerGel, I wanted to try Hammer HEED. Looking at the labels of the two, I found that Gatorade has HUGE amounts of sugar in it, while HEED didn't. I've yet to do a similar check on others like Accelerade, Endurox, ....

Just curious to know what people here like to use, and if they've had good/bad experiences with certain products.

You're talking about the difference in what kind of sugar they use? I don't see a huge difference.

HEED: Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Xylitol, Natural Lemon Lime Flavor, White Stevia, Sodium Chloride, L-Carnosine, Glycine, Calcium Chelate, Magnesium Chelate, Potassium Chelate, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin B6, Manganese Chelate, Chromemate.

Gatorade:Ingredients: water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, ester gum, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, red 40, blue

Maltodextrin and sucrose aren't THAT different in terms of absorption, afaik. Maltodextrin is just smarties- in fact, I use smarties pre-run often.

I love HEED though- they have it at some of the trail races around here and it's yummy. I Like Propel for short runs where I don't need a lot of calories.

I use Kool-Aid (I like orange the best).

Sometimes, if it's really hot out, I'll add some extra salt to it and call it Kool-Aid Endurance FormulaTM.

/for real

Regular or sugarfree? I like Gatorade best. I like the taste of Propel but the artifical sweetners don't agree with me. Everytime I drink anything with artifical sweetner I immediately drink a gallon of water right after. Weird that it makes me thirsty. :?
So HEED is not atficially sweetened then right?

Yep, no artificials in HEED that I see. Looks like they use stevia for some extra sweetness without more calories.

Regular or sugarfree?
With real sugar.

Long chain carbs and simple sugars are significantly different from an athletes perspective, as is their osmality. Have a read of the Hammers Endurance Athletes Guide to Success (free download from their website) for the technical explanations and further info. But I use it, love it and sell it so I am shamelessly biased :D .

The whole point is to spare muscle glycogen so you don't bonk. Only simple sugars can do that during the run. So simple sugars are best. For longer endurance events, pre-race meals, hydration and long-term eating habits are obviously most important. So is recovery. Cool-downs and skim chocolate milk (or Endurox R4) do a good job 15 min after the run. It's Accelerade for me during.

anything from hammer gel

love sustained energy for loooooong 100s

sometimes i mix it with a smudge of poweraid and water

heard good things about heed but kinda sweet for me

cytomax and gatorade made me sicksicksick

hammer gel gels are yummy too...like them mixed in my water bottle

just tried liquid endurance for pre-run drink....i am so far impressed

run happy
run long
run slow
just run

Heard of any other drinks such as this with l-tyrosine included?

I like Gatorade and Powerade although I like the Vitamin waters too. I like the fact that you can choose different Vitamin waters with different vitamins and minerals. They each offer different things. Some of them sound kind of far fetched while others seem more likable to help.

I use my companies own RUNTECPRO energy drink. Great tasting and awesome a little more diluted.