hello my mother is 80yrs old & in the hospital the doc tell me that her sodium is danger low what causes this? & what can be done for her?

The correct term is hyponatremia. Google that. And google "cerebral salt wasting syndrome" to check out the symptoms.

Use sea salt!!!! Celtic sea salt is best. Any sea salt from France. (At health food stores or Trader Joes)

I have severe hyponatremia (low sodium) due to severely low aldosterone and started eating lots of sea salt. In addition I take electrolyte caps:

I also drink a lot of coconut water:
It's like natural gatorade (G. has too much chemicals, colors in it, don't give her that!). Amazon.com has different brands (cases at discounted prices)

You should go down to your health food store and buy some coconut water right away, then order online for cheaper prices. (zico has different flavors)

There is a drug doctors give called Florinex for low sodium, it's supposed to balance your aldosterone levels. I won't take it because of severe side effects (I think it can make you really huge, as in fat). It's a steroid.

Good luck and keep us posted. Prayers are with you and your mom.
XXXOOO's.

I forgot to say that even if you get her tested for Aldosterone, most doctors are very reluctant to perform the test (they say it's useless) and then it can come back false negative or just below normal and still the aldosterone is dangerously low.

Here's a receipe for an homemade electrolyte drink. I don't like the taste of salt water so I can't take it. I prefer to eat /dissolve in my mouth the sea salt. Lemons and sea salt are very important, unless you use coconut water. Let us know how she's doing.

Bee's Electrolyte Drink

© Copyright Bee W.
Ingredients

* 6 ounces of non-chlorinated water.

* juice of 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed

* 1/4 teaspoon ocean sea salt (Celtic, Nature's Cargo or Himalayan)

* Stevia sweetener to taste (optional).

All dried spices and herbs must be organic or certified organic from the health store, since most commercial
products are irradiated (zapped with radiation) which change and damage the body's cells if consumed.
Preparation

Mix all ingredients together in a 6 ounce glass, and drink it 6 times per day (drink 3 glasses with meals to aid digestion).