I have optical migraines. I get the aura around the edge of my eyes and then go blind for a couple of hours and then pain. It comes from stress, eating cheese or drinking red wine, my period too. Exedrin Migraine seems to help so far. Anyone experienced these?

I get the optical migraines but no pain. Its starts with a few scintillating flash sometimes, other times a full-blown attack develops with many edged polygons, all scintillating. Like looking through a lens that simulates an insect's compound eye. In my case, it obscures my central vision and its stress induced. If I simply stop and relax for a few minutes at the first flashed, the attack will peter off and disappear. When I first had them, it was a regular get home from work; sit down and then a full blown attack would arrive, so I went to the ophthamologist who diagnosed the visual migraine.