Hi everyone. I am hoping for some information about crohn's disease and dental treatment. I have heard that crohn's disease can affect all parts of the digestive tract, meaning that the mouth can also be struck by crohn's disease. What does this mean for crohn's disease patients? Can they get proper dental care?

Routine dental care not related to crohn's disease, such as the filling of dental caries, is best carried out when the outbreak of crohn's disease is under control, meaning that there is no presence of boils and the like. Of course, other treatments that are focused on crohn's disease can be carried out at any time.

What do you mean by treatments that are specifically for the crohn's disease? When crohn's disease manifests itself in the mouth, what does that look like? I would be delighted to see some pictures of such an outbreak. Any information would also be welcome of course. Thank you in advance for your help!