I have been told that crohn's disease is a very serious autoimmune disorder, which can affect every part of the digestive tract. Many complications are possible, but they also say crohn's disease is very well treatable now. Please tell me if people still die from crohn's disease? If so, can you give me any additional details?

Hello there. Some people still die from the complications associated with crohn's disease. They are few and far between, though. I think that most of the fatality from crohn's disease relation conditions must be from gastrointestinal cancer, and some other forms of cancer. There may other possible complications too. I hope that answers your question?

That is very helpful, and thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. I have another one for you if you don't mind me asking... When you say that deaths from crohn's disease are few and far between what exactly do you mean? Are there any statistics available anywhere?