Hello everyone! I am a woman with crohn's disease, and I have been having a tough time with my medication recently. Someone suggested I try acupuncture. I have no problems with that at all, in the sense that I will try anything if it helps, but I have to admit to being a bit sceptical. Does anyone here have good results with acupuncture for crohn's disease?

It’s hard to expect that acupuncture can somehow cure Crohn's disease, so there is really no alternative to regular medical treatment, but acupuncture can be very helpful in helping the person to become calmer and to learn to control levels of stress. It is common for Crohn's patients in China to receive acupuncture treatments to help them with treatment of their disease. Acupuncture can help in relieving stress, cramping and pain associated with inflammatory bowel disease. It also can help in treatment of other symptoms like nervousness, anxiety or the insomnia caused by Crohn's night sweats. Of course, it takes time and a lot of work from experienced acupuncturist to achieve any of these possible results.