My husband, who has crohn's disease, was recently told that he has gout as well. He doesn't want to talk about his illness much and whenever I try to get information out of him I usually hit a dead end. I thought I my try with you folks instead and be more successful. Can you tell me more about this gout? Your answers are certainly appreciated :-)

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that gout was a type of arthritis. I am not sure if this has got anything at all to do with crohn's disease. Other than that strong burning sensations might take place in parts of a person's body, but not in the same places that are affected by crohn's disease.

Actually, christos1586, crohn's disease is just that kind of a disease. I have it and have learned that when in doubt, blame the crohn's. DO the research and almost any "itis" you can think of (itis=inflamation) is a possible side kick of Crohn's. Think about all the work that the colon does. When it malfunctions, in the way it does with Crohn's, there is a tendancy for nutrients to miss their targets and for poisons to build up in the body. Besides the pain I get in my stomach, the worst thing so far has been the gout.

Crohn's is an autoimmune disorder and a particularly nasty one like Lupus. Often with Crohn's, Lupus, or even Rheumatoid Arthritis once the immune system is compromised the chances of other issues appearing that are related are likely. Gout is one such illness. It is a form of autoimmune arthritis and as someone mentioned it can be a "sidekick" to Crohn's. Look it all up then talk with your husband. For a guy his illnesses are probably embarrassing and unmanly. If you can reassure him that you want to be a partner in helping him manage things then maybe he will feel less embarrassed.

Gout *is* a type of arthritis. There are differing variations of it, and there are certain types of arthritis that go along with Crohn's, so it seems reasonable that there'd be a correlation between Gout & Crohn's. I was diagnosed with Crohn's nearly 20 years ago and just yesterday was diagnosed with Gout. (Which is why I am on the net looking for info.) Have had arthritis even longer than Crohn's. Will be bringing it up with my GI Dr & clinic nurse in a few weeks.

U mean u had gout before u were detected with Chorns disease ??
And do u have any allergy as well ??
Am suffering with one similar thing since last 4 years .