I have a question for those who know something about crohn's disease. I have just been diagnosed recently, I am female and 30 years old. What I want to know is whether hair loss is in any way connected to crohn's disease? Or do you think I might have another, unrelated condition? Thanks for your input.

I have heard that before, so yes, I think that it is very probable that crohn's disease is rearing its ugly face in connection to your hair loss as well. In fact, there is a myriad of diseases that are all connected in some way to crohn's disease, so you might just be at the beginning of a journey here. So sorry to say that. Yet, crohn's disease doesn't mean your life will end. I have had it since I was a teenager and I still enjoy myself immensely! :-)

Thank you for your "kind words". It is actually the first time that anyone has made me laugh at the crohn's disease. I don't like the thought of losing hair at all, but I guess that what I can't control is... beyond my control! I will just ride it out and see what happens. I can always buy a wig if need be.