I suffer from crohn's disease and have a question about going for spa treatments. A friend of mine invited me to her holiday home, which is located in a famous spa resort town, and we will probably end up at some spa center. I am worried about certain types of massage, and think they might aggravate my crohn's disease. What do you have to say about this?

From what I’ve heard from people with Chrons disease who tried massage, among other things that potentially might help them, have experienced some benefits. Outbreaks in Chrons disease tend to happen after some strong emotional events, stressful situations or because of the anxiety, although that’s doesn’t have to be the case always. Anxiety or stress don’t cause Chrons disease, they just serve as triggers. Massage is one of the ways that can possibly help you to relax after these events and maybe avoid worsening. What are the types of massage you are worried about?