Hello. I have heard about crohn’s disease. As far as I know, it affects mostly digestive tube. I think that bowel is mostly affected. I would like to know if this disease can affect gallbladder. I have never heard about such a complication, but I would like to find out more. Thanks.

Hi to you too. You are right. Crohn’s disease is the inflammatory disease of the bowel. The exact cause is not known. It appears in children and adults. Sometimes inflammation can affect liver. However, it is mostly the side effect of the drugs that are used for the treatment. Inflammation rarely affects bile ducts and therefore gallbladder. I hope this will help. Bye!

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2010, and was in the hospital for 4 days and was on a large does of Prednisone for 6 months and now am on Remicade Infusions and Imuran. My intestines are fairly okay but it's affected my joints and now possibly my gallbladder. I am now on the fence about what to do about having my gallbladder removed, and I am wanting to find out the consequences if I do. I had a HIDA scan done last Friday and am waiting for the results, hoping they will find something so that will explain why I am having upper abdominal pain. I have not eaten much since I've gotten sick because I'm afraid too, but I am not sure what to do if it comes back abnormal which I hope it does. I am afraid from what I've read, it will make my intestines go stupid on me and I don't need that either.
Did you have your gallbladder removed?
Thanks
Jen