Hi. I have been experiencing some abdominal pain and diarrhoea few years ago and doctors established crohn’s disease. However, lately my gynaecologist suspects I have endometriosis. I would like to know if there is any link between these two conditions. I hope someone will know to answer to my post. Bye!

Hello. I think that there is no link between these two conditions. Sometimes, they can be mistaken since they have similar symptoms. Abdominal pain is often misinterpreted. Crohn’s disease is inflammation that affects small or large intestine. Endometriosis is unusual localisation of endometrial mucosa. It can appear in ovaries, fallopian tubes or even in intestines. You haven’t mentioned the localisation of your endometriosis. Maybe it affects your intestines and therefore seems like there is Crohn’s. I hope everything will be all right.

Hello there doti927,

I completely agree with amandie1576! First of all did you mention to your gynecologist that you are suffering from Crohn’s disease? If you haven’t than he maybe suspected on endometriosis because he didn’t have all the information.  Anyhow I would say that there is no connection between these two conditions and that the best you can do is to consult with your general position and your gynecologist one more time.

I hope that you will find solution to your problems and that both of your doctors will find right diagnosis soon and that you will get appropriate treatment for it. Keep us posted about the situation and good luck.