Hi. My brother has been diagnosed with crohn’s disease. I must admit that I know very little about this disease. I would like to know something more about the food he is allowed to eat. Is there some kind of food list? I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hi to you too. Crohn’s disease is a serious disease. It is the inflammatory disease of bowel. There are some nutrients that your brother should take. He must take vitamins B12, C, D, A and folic acid. His food should be various. Meat and its substituent are important source of iron, proteins and vitamin B12. Dairy is important for vitamin D, A and calcium. Cereals and grains are source of zinc. Fruits and vegetables are inedible. In any case, your brother should consult an expert about this.

Hello there dru112,

First of all I am so sorry that your brother has been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. This is not so terrible but this is very serious condition. First of all this is autoimmune disorder and that means that your brother’s body is fighting against him by attacking healthy cells and tissue.

When it comes to the signs and symptoms of this condition sometimes they can be really extreme but sometimes, if anti-inflammatory medications are used as prescribed, the condition goes into relapse.

Of course that there is some kind of diet for this condition but mostly it is based on low-fat diet. foods that should be avoided are unhealthy and junk food. I hope that you will be good support to your brother.